Ben Nevis charity walk

Rangers Supporters Charity Walk Up Ben Nevis

Date: Saturday 4th June 2016

The charity challenge will be for the group to climb to the summit of Ben Nevis, which at 1344 metres is the highest point in the British Isles.

The climb to the top of Ben Nevis should be achievable for anyone with a general level of fitness. The walk will take somewhere between 5 and 7 hours all in, to reach the top and get back down again. This will vary person to person depending on fitness, but we will wait on the summit for all the group to arrive before descending.

This is a great opportunity to challenge yourself, see stunning views of Scotland from the highest point in the country, and to raise money for two excellent charities.

For the challenge, we will have a bus leaving around 7am (tbc) and returning to Ibrox in the evening. To secure a place on the bus, a payment of £10 is required. The final price will be confirmed nearer the time, but if anything, shouldn't be much more than this.

If you would like to take part then please send me a message for further details.

You can sponsor us at the link below:

http://justgiving.com/RFCBenNevis

For anyone donating through the Just Giving page, we would ask that you tick the gift aid box.

On Saturday 4th of June, a group of us will be leaving Glasgow for Fort William, with the aim of climbing Ben Nevis, the highest mountain in the United Kingdom. The walk will take around 5-6 hours, and will see us climb to over 1300 metres.

All money raised from the walk will be going to two very worthwhile charities; The Erskine Hospital for ex servicemen, and the Rangers Charity Foundation.

Please donate whatever you can, and help us reach our target for these great causes.

Edited by BEARGER

Hope you get a good day / turnout.

I won't make the walk myself (I'm already supporting my wife on a charity climb of the Ben this summer) but have donated.

I assume that you're all sorted with some experienced walkers in the group, but if you need any advice, just DM me.