Rangers First board election: Gersnet's voting poll...

Gersnet voting for the new Rangers First board.  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Gersnet voting for the new Rangers First board.

• Candidate 1 : Peter Ewart
    • Candidate 2 : Alan Harris
    • Candidate 3 : Ronnie Johnston
    • Candidate 4 : Brian Bowman
    • Candidate 5 : Derek Miller
    • Candidate 6 : Graham Campbell
    • Candidate 7 : Ricki Neill
    • Candidate 8 : Chris Smith
    • Candidate 9 : Brian Donohoe exMP
    • Candidate 10 : Iain Martin
    • Candidate 11 : Andy McLintock (WITHDRAWN)
    • Candidate 12 : Richard Scott BA
    • Candidate 13 : James Blair
    • Candidate 14 : Greg Marshall
    • Candidate 15 : Kelly Johnstone
    • Candidate 16 : Adam Campbell
    • Candidate 17 : Ryan Thomson
    • Candidate 18 : Stuart MacQuarrie
    • Candidate 19 : Marc Alexander
    • Candidate 20 : Graeme Henderson
    • Candidate 21 : Richard Gough
    • Candidate 22 : Darren Thomson
    • Candidate 23 : Calvin Campbell

What's interesting about the merger debate is that anyone who opposes it is suddenly in it for "themselves" and it's the exact same group of people calling that out..which is revealing.

There are some very capable people elected to the RF board who certainly are not in it for themselves and have concerns regarding the proposed merger. Their aim is to protect the members and the club and, of course, act on behalf of the members. I'm confident they will do that to the very best of their abilities.

The proposal, when presented, has to be done in a neutral manner and already we are seeing certain RF directors saying they'll push for it to happen, not only is that unprofessional, it appears to be a tactic to influence. Influence is something that can be done and can be presented in a number of different ways.

What's encouraging for me is that since Craig whyte et al, there isn't a lot you can hide from Rangers fans any more and we should continue to question and question no matter who is in charge of the club because we will never know what's up next.

We can be our best and worst enemies at times but this scenario should be a concern for the fans and the board of RIFC, it's not a phase that will pass I'm sure.

What's interesting about the merger debate is that anyone who opposes it is suddenly in it for "themselves" and it's the exact same group of people calling that out..which is revealing.

There are some very capable people elected to the RF board who certainly are not in it for themselves and have concerns regarding the proposed merger. Their aim is to protect the members and the club and, of course, act on behalf of the members. I'm confident they will do that to the very best of their abilities.

The proposal, when presented, has to be done in a neutral manner and already we are seeing certain RF directors saying they'll push for it to happen, not only is that unprofessional, it appears to be a tactic to influence. Influence is something that can be done and can be presented in a number of different ways.

What's encouraging for me is that since Craig whyte et al, there isn't a lot you can hide from Rangers fans any more and we should continue to question and question no matter who is in charge of the club because we will never know what's up next.

We can be our best and worst enemies at times but this scenario should be a concern for the fans and the board of RIFC, it's not a phase that will pass I'm sure.

This discussion is becoming divisory from the outset.

Why not study the proposals that the vast majority of members voted for their respective boards to do and take it from there ?.......There are obviously valid concerns and the boards will have to consider them and won't be able not to,..... given the scrutiny.

We live in an era where Board Meetings get more attention than Match threads :laugh:

Edited by buster.

Why not study the proposals that the vast majority of members voted for their respective boards to do and take it from there ?.......There are obviously valid concerns and the boards will have to consider them and won't be able not to,..... given the scrutiny.

We live in an era where Board Meetings get more attention than Match threads :laugh:

We certainly do and for me that's not a bad thing, we are a cautious lot :)

the members voted to continue discussions and then the visibility ended, that's not just RF's fault it's other fan groups that were present and the club. far too many claiming we voted FOR the proposal. we didn't.

What's divisive is people who have seen the proposal saying "wait and see" not implying you have btw. and not answering questions on info that's clearly been leaked (however accurate it is)

Buster , I agree with you to a point , these proposals should be scrutinised and if in the best interests of everyone voted for , but when people like plgsarmy state that this is going ahead no matter what , surely you can see why people are getting concerned , and where are these proposals , they keep getting quoted like they actually exist

We certainly do and for me that's not a bad thing, we are a cautious lot :)

the members voted to continue discussions and then the visibility ended, that's not just RF's fault it's other fan groups that were present and the club. far too many claiming we voted FOR the proposal. we didn't.

What's divisive is people who have seen the proposal saying "wait and see" not implying you have btw. and not answering questions on info that's clearly been leaked (however accurate it is)

I only speak very generally on little actual info. It was my understanding that the vast majority of both main groups voted for the further exploration of a merger. As for the mechanics and timetable, that is for the respective boards/members to decide upon.

I don't have a scooby regards leaks or inner politics but I really do hope that between the various groups, something positive and workable emerges that focuses a little more on the common ground (being Rangers supporters) rather than division.

Buster , I agree with you to a point , these proposals should be scrutinised and if in the best interests of everyone voted for , but when people like plgsarmy state that this is going ahead no matter what , surely you can see why people are getting concerned , and where are these proposals , they keep getting quoted like they actually exist

I would agree that that type of bare rhetoric doesn't really help matters regards uninformed ground level feelings.

The quicker any process starts to inform members on details, the better.

Is that not exactly the remit that 97% of RF members voted for ?

Could it not be argued that any RF Board members pushing against a merger are acting against the wishes of the vast majority of their membership ?

plgsarmy may have said that "this is going ahead no matter what" but, to me at least, that is nothing more than a blasé statement. The reality is that the RST, much like RF and ALL the other fan groups entering merger talks, will gain remit from their members, not the Board.

The RST Board cant push through a merger without the backing of their members. If they do, then they ultimately wont be the RST any longer as their members will leave in droves if the Board act against the wishes of the members.

The point was made at the RF AGM last night by one of the unsuccessful candidates, Chris Smith, that Richard Gough had been on Twitter referring to OUR attempt to amalgamate the fans groups, and questioned who is OUR.

Perhaps someone who is on Twitter can post the Tweet (if that's the name for an individual post on Twitter?)

Incidentally, I have 11 pages of notes from the meeting which I will try to type up and post in instalments over the next few days.

Meanwhile back on the OP, I see I did somewhat better in this poll than in the election itself :D:facepalm: so thanks to Craig and the other four who voted for me :tu:

And thanks to all those who posted their constructive comments.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

plgsarmy may have said that "this is going ahead no matter what" but, to me at least, that is nothing more than a blasé statement. The reality is that the RST, much like RF and ALL the other fan groups entering merger talks, will gain remit from their members, not the Board.

The RST Board cant push through a merger without the backing of their members. If they do, then they ultimately wont be the RST any longer as their members will leave in droves if the Board act against the wishes of the members.

I disagree Craig, i think plgsarmy words were direct and what was her true feelings. The merger will be pushed through, the board want it and the support want it imho.

What remains to be seen though is, will the supporters representatives of the joint group, when negotiating on our behalf, will they stoutly defend the supporters interest's or meekly fall in line with what the club wants?

That will be the true test of the groups independence.