Rangers First board election: Gersnet's voting poll...

Gersnet voting for the new Rangers First board.  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Gersnet voting for the new Rangers First board.

• Candidate 1 : Peter Ewart
    • Candidate 2 : Alan Harris
    • Candidate 3 : Ronnie Johnston
    • Candidate 4 : Brian Bowman
    • Candidate 5 : Derek Miller
    • Candidate 6 : Graham Campbell
    • Candidate 7 : Ricki Neill
    • Candidate 8 : Chris Smith
    • Candidate 9 : Brian Donohoe exMP
    • Candidate 10 : Iain Martin
    • Candidate 11 : Andy McLintock (WITHDRAWN)
    • Candidate 12 : Richard Scott BA
    • Candidate 13 : James Blair
    • Candidate 14 : Greg Marshall
    • Candidate 15 : Kelly Johnstone
    • Candidate 16 : Adam Campbell
    • Candidate 17 : Ryan Thomson
    • Candidate 18 : Stuart MacQuarrie
    • Candidate 19 : Marc Alexander
    • Candidate 20 : Graeme Henderson
    • Candidate 21 : Richard Gough
    • Candidate 22 : Darren Thomson
    • Candidate 23 : Calvin Campbell

Not sure that this was the best way to go about it. It would have had more chance of success if it was done privately and without the suggestion that they have done something that affects "the Rangers support in General". It's not for Marshall1873 to dictate on behalf of the whole support.

It seems to have been done in a way that a refusal was inevitable and more about scoring brownie points and having a prejudged agenda than wanting to find a way to work together in the future.

Well not for me to explain the actions of my dad when he has a bee in his bonnet but he's always been upfront about people with issues should talk about them.

We have as the pub in the past try to facilitate communication to various degrees of success - Tbh though all the people he has invited have been happy enough to attend the louden at various points in the past so I don't see why they would refuse now.

I've never met Rab but although I'm sure his heart is in the right place he's certainly clumsy at times in the way he addresses some issues.

I don't have an issue with anyone not agreeing with what my dad says - He's very brash at times. The only issue I would have is if people questioned his intentions. Anyone who knows him will tell you he doesn't care about anything but what is the best for the club and the support.

I don't have an issue with anyone not agreeing with what my dad says - He's very brash at times. The only issue I would have is if people questioned his intentions. Anyone who knows him will tell you he doesn't care about anything but what is the best for the club and the support.

Like I say, I don't doubt his intentions are/were honourable but the FF thread comes across as grandstanding and any meeting should have been negotiated privately.

Like I say, I don't doubt his intentions are/were honourable but the FF thread comes across as grandstanding and any meeting should have been negotiated privately.

In your opinion of course - my dad has his own (even quite often far from my own).

Its how he deals with things and I can understand him trying to shine a light on what so far has been whispers in the back ground. Some of these lads have spent 50+ hours in The Louden talking RF so I don't see what difference another couple will do except maybe make their position clearer as My dad can't see where they are coming from.

Again though its his opinion I just wanted to make clear his intentions are good even if his methods aren't to everyones tastes :)

Well not for me to explain the actions of my dad when he has a bee in his bonnet but he's always been upfront about people with issues should talk about them.

We have as the pub in the past try to facilitate communication to various degrees of success - Tbh though all the people he has invited have been happy enough to attend the louden at various points in the past so I don't see why they would refuse now.

You still don't see why they would refuse? I'm astonished. It's not got that much to do with the location.

They are invited to a publicly announced meeting to discuss their behaviour. It's basically asking them to publicly justify themselves to your dad, and you're surprised that they didn't accept?

If he really wanted to meet them he should have done it privately and had a meeting to discuss their differences, not report to him to justify themselves to someone who is basically just one of thousands of RF members.

Ignoring the fact that he's your dad, would you expect anyone to accept such a command?

As predicted , the whole thing is starting to come apart at the seams. Even before the vote there were sideshows and cliques forming. Unless the folk contributing are told exactly what is happening and minutes published promptly this will go the same way as other schemes in the past - money will stop going in. I'm certainly giving it more than a thought right now. Sad to say.

As predicted , the whole thing is starting to come apart at the seams. Even before the vote there were sideshows and cliques forming. Unless the folk contributing are told exactly what is happening and minutes published promptly this will go the same way as other schemes in the past - money will stop going in. I'm certainly giving it more than a thought right now. Sad to say.

I'm holding out to see what's on offer to the support? If i don't agree with the offer i'll rethink my position.