RANGERS are believed to be keeping tabs on Poland striker Grzegorz Rasiak, of Southampton.

The 6ft 3in, 28-year-old has bagged 19 goals this season in Saints' push to get back into the Premiership.

Gers No.3 Kenny McDowall went to look at Rasiak in Saturday's 1-0 win over Ipswich, but the former Derby County and Spurs man was an unused sub.

Rasiak was signed from White Hart Lane last May in a �£2m deal after failing to make an impact in London.

advertisement

But the 35-times capped Poland frontman, who was a team-mate of Celtic duo Maciej Zurawski and Artur Boruc at the World Cup last year, has shone since his transfer to Southampton.

Gers boss Walter Smith is keeping his options open on the striking front with Dado Prso's future still unclear.

But he knows he needs to add firepower to a front line that has relied solely on the Kris Boyd's goals this season.

I suppose we will be linked with many players in the next few months.

I reckon he'd do a good job for us. He's scoring plenty og goals down in The Championship this season so there's no reason to say he can't do it up here. He's a big powerful striker which is what we're looking for. I doubt we'll sign him though. Another tabloid rumour!

Doubt he weilkl come as if they get into the premiership it will cost a hefty sum

Scott McDonald we will sign and if Prso doesnt stay on we will sign another striker

That is depressing to think Scott McDonald is a target ahead of Rasiak. The latter impressed me when he was at Derby, but he never really got a chance at Spurs but has shown again he can do it with Southampton.

McDonald deal is all but done from what I've heard. We defintely need more of a pyshical presence up top and Rasiak would be an excellent signing. If we don't get him, I'd like to see us gor for Garry O'Connor. However after what happened with him and Scotland I doubt that will happen