Something that concerns me here (if the McDonald deal is all but done) is the agreement between Walter and Murray when they reached a deal for Smith to return as manager.

Now if Scott McDonald and other average SPL players are targets it means either:

1) Walters ambitions (targets) are not high

2) Murray said his budget is 12 peanuts

3) Walter thinks he can mould a squad together with no big names

McDonald had his day in a Rangers shirt on helicopter sunday. He is no where near good enough than what we need nor what we already have.

Surely we have to aim higher than this.

Rasiak would be a great signing. He was scoring for fun at Derby and one I thought we should go for after he went off the boil at Spurs. He is within our price bracket and would love the chance to go up against his international team mate over at the dark side. Also (fingers crossed) the prospect of CL football next season could be a selling point.

Novo? can't see that one to be honest. He does a great job for the team and I don't think he'll go. Prso may go, but if he proves his fitness, he'll get that new deal

Sorry mate but I totally disagree with you on this one. Novo has been absolutely shite now for quite some time. I admit he does work his socks off (and if a few other players had his kind of work ethic then we wouldn't be so far behind the scum) but he has absolutely no end product. I've lost count this season how many times he just runs into his man or hits the ball straight at his man and from a finishing point of view he has completely gone off the boil.

A great worker but no technique, I think his contract is up at the end of the season and I would be happy to let him go.

I thought Novo's contract was up next season?

He's a trier, but he lacks skill and composure. However, in tough times like we've had this season, his workrate and other attributes count for a lot. It also highlighted how little effort some of his team-mates were putting in though. I've never thought he was the long term solution since he signed, nothing he's done since has changed my mind tbh.

McDonald is a strange one, I thought we might have only been interested in him on deadline day as Falkirk wouldn't budge on Gow. I guess if he is signing, then its as a squad player. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing really as we've hardly been blessed with great players recently, so maybe he's worth a risk?

I'm sure Walter is aiming as high as budget and reality will allow. Certainly with the wage budget under control and Klos leaving, the cash should be there to strengthen all areas of the squad with some good players, but I think its all going to come down to how much money DM makes available.

Disagree about Scott McDonald he must be the 2nd or 3rd top goalscorer in the Spl and this is over the last few years as well, he is a good player, holds the ball up well and has a good shot on him. Would love to see McDonald play for us

Disagree about Scott McDonald he must be the 2nd or 3rd top goalscorer in the Spl and this is over the last few years as well, he is a good player, holds the ball up well and has a good shot on him. Would love to see McDonald play for us

Are you kidding 2nd of 3rd in the SPL???

Where you think he will fit in the team - LB?? :D;)