Hibs 0 v Morton 3 - Rangers remain 8 points clear.

Still a long way to go in the league to be fair. But this result could certainly put a massive dent in Hibs hopes of catching us. Not just dropping 3 points but also the mental dent it will put in them.

I have said all along, and continue to maintain, I have NEVER been worried this season (once I saw the 1st couple of games and how we were performing). Dips in form happen, it happened to us, but the reality was that Hibs hit a purple patch which was unlikely to be maintained throughout the season.

Our points cushion, even this early in the season, has left Hibs needing help from elsewhere to catch us. Yet if you believed some of our support and, yes, even some on here, they would have Hibs as favorites for promotion. Hopefully this result will put that notion to bed once and for all.

Can they catch us ? Certainly.

Is it likely ? Probably not.

Should they be favorites for automatic promotion ? No chance.

Nice to see them lose and give us some additional breathing space. At the start of the season if you had offered me an 8 point lead with 11 games to spare I would have bitten your hand off for it, especially as we had essentially a completely new team. On top of that Hibs next two games are away to Dumbarton and then a very tricky game away to Queen of the South, whilst our next 3 games are all at Ibrox, against St Mirren, Raith and Dumbarton. I would be expecting 9 points from those games, even though the games should be competitive.

I still think Falkirk are better than hibs.

We may see that particular scenario play out over the next few weeks. Only 5 points between them after tonight and they still have to play each other..... Hibs have a couple of tricky away games coming up - if they drop points there and Falkirk don't then we will really see how Hibs handle the pressure.

Edited by craig