Hibs 0 v Morton 3 - Rangers remain 8 points clear.

MARK WARBURTON has insisted Hibernian’s defeat to Morton last night has absolutely no bearing on Rangers’ current predicament.

The Hibees were demolished 3-0 by the Greenock club at Easter Road last night, leaving Rangers eight points clear at the top of the Championship table.

The Ibrox manager however stressed he is paying no attention to the table, with all his focus being what goes on at Rangers.

When asked if he was keeping an eye on the score, he replied: “I’ve got to be honest – no. My son was texting me every 30 seconds, but it has to be about us still.

“Last night’s result doesn’t change anything for Rangers. We have to train well this week and prepare well for St Mirren. There are a number of teams chasing the last play-off spot, and as we saw last week at Queen of the South, those teams will give it a real go.

“I think the attitude adopted by other teams will change. You saw last week that it didn’t matter if they lost by one or lost by three, and that will be the attitude. How that impacts at set-pieces or on counter-attacks or whatever, we need to be aware of it, prepare for it and try and deliver our level of performance.

“So last night doesn’t change our approach – it’s about Rangers going into a game and delivering the level we need to deliver to get the three points.

“There are still 11 games to go, plenty of points to play for and lots of tough games at both home and away to come. All we can focus is our next game.”

Warburton did however concede the result came as a surprise to him, although he was quick to insist the focus at Rangers must remain on themselves.

“I think it surprised everyone, but it happens in football, and that’s why we love the game – it’s the nature of the game. I’m sure Hibs as a team will have prepared well as any other team would have.

“All we can do now is recognise what we have to do here at Rangers, and whoever we play is a tough test.”

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/warbs-hibs-loss-irrelevant/

I was at a funeral yesterday so understandably knew nothing about this match until I logged on here earlier. As MW says, it is still up to us to do the business but I don't think there's any question - Hibs blew any slight chance they had of catching us.

I dont really think it was that great a shock that Morton won, although maybe the result was more than we wouldve expected, because imo Morton are a good well organised team and have given us more problems than hibs have.

Agreed they were minutes from beating us at Ibrox when it ended 2-2.

I dont really think it was that great a shock that Morton won, although maybe the result was more than we wouldve expected, because imo Morton are a good well organised team and have given us more problems than hibs have.

Morton are a decent side and even if the first game at Cappielow should have scored two or three against us.

I particularly like the lad Johnstone up front. A former Celtic player sure, but he's very effective and leads the line well.