Mind the gap: Rangers v St Mirren

As always, it is rather easy if you look at it from your seat - whether at home or in the stadium - but JJ and Waghorn said during the commentary that all sorts of things can happen in there, e.g. the connection you get with the ball, the speed and angle of the ball, whether it hits the ground before that, how you perceive the goalie in front of you, the defender behind you and the like. All in a split second. No matter whether you are a 19-year old rookie or an Old Fox like Miller, the game "mechanics" work the same for all.

You actually see such things quite often, when someone crosses the ball high into the box and someone slids in at the far post and balloons it over the bar from a couple of yards out, when it "looks easier to score". The problem for most of us is that we hardly ever experience this in person and can only assume what happens, or indeed what should happen.

Toss in a lack of composure/concentration and youve got it in one.It was an horrendous miss-----simples.

It was a horrendous miss but it did hit a hobble just before it reached him. You could see in the slow motion replay it did kick up a little off the turf. I must admit composure/concentration will play a role in his finishing as you can't be unlucky all the time.

Turned out an excellent day for us - pretty frustrating on the park but with us winning and Hibs losing - perfect

Hibs are away to QOS on Tuesday night,another tough match for them where it would be no shock if they lost there as well and we win!

Great result but not thanks to another dodgy referee will he be demoted to first or second division?. I said to my son that no matter the foul count by St.Mirren we would have a player booked first so it turned out and despite the ratio of fouls it was us who lost booking tally 2-1,poor poor show.

It was a horrendous miss but it did hit a hobble just before it reached him. You could see in the slow motion replay it did kick up a little off the turf. I must admit composure/concentration will play a role in his finishing as you can't be unlucky all the time.

He ain't unlucky "all the time", no-one is. I do expect quite a bit of composure and concentration from Miller, not so from McKay, hence I did not moan too much about him, or indeed Holt. Yet, it was more difficult than on first glance and Miller sure knew and showed that he could have done better still, given his experience.

We deserved our win yet again. Well done our guys. The referee should be banned from ever taking charge of another match.

How? I don't recall any real controversial decision.

Yesterday was a good, deserved win for us. St Mirren have improved since Alex Rae took over. They've tightened up considerably & aren't leaking as many goals as we found out

Mark and Davie need to get on this. We should be peppering the goal with snap shots from the edge of the box. It's an abdication (if that's the right word) of responsibility. Pass sideways and let others have a go seems to be the M.O. in the box. Battering it first time might not be for the purists but if it's on target defenders won't have time to block it. Some of them will end up in the stand right enough but better to have a shot at goal than to tip tap into the inevitable knot of defenders

Edited by colinstein