Rangers v Raith Rovers Match preview

Why the obsession with Zelalem the only factor that helps is that the run in is a bit easier with our points gap now so he might have a chance to show if he has anything to offer.

He hasn't kicked a ball in the last four matches since his poor second half 15 mins v Kilmarnock; if he can't get a game tonight then surely we should be asking Arsenal to take him back early and save £6,500 per week.

He hasn't kicked a ball in the last four matches since his poor second half 15 mins v Kilmarnock; if he can't get a game tonight then surely we should be asking Arsenal to take him back early and save £6,500 per week.

And why would Arsenal do that ? They don't need him, we have a contract in place for him - makes little sense for Arsenal to take him back.

And why would Arsenal do that ? They don't need him, we have a contract in place for him - makes little sense for Arsenal to take him back.

I would have to agree with that 100%. We need to honour our contract.

What i would say is this--------Asenal will never need him---imo!!

I'm hoping Zelalem will come into his own once the fine Scottish Spring weather kicks in. At the moment he is not much good in the blood and snotters environment of Scottish Winter football :).

MARK WARBURTON would be open to clinching a second loan deal for Dominic Ball if the defender heads for the Tottenham exit door again next season.

Ball has made 20 appearances for Warburton’s side this term as he has become a key part of the Light Blues squad that has moved to within touching distance of the Championship title.

He will return to White Hart Lane at the end of the campaign and look to force his way into Mauricio Pochettino’s plans for next term.

Boss Warburton is keen to use the loan market to bolster his Ibrox ranks where possible and he hopes top clubs down south will be happy for their players to follow Ball’s lead in the future.

Warburton said: “Dom is a Spurs player, like Gedion (Zelalem) with Arsenal. Our job is to maintain dialogue and keep proving we can deliver an environment for these players.

“It sounds a bit cold to call them assets, but that’s what they are. Balance sheet items.

“I’ve been delighted with Dom. He has settled in well and is well liked by the squad.

“He shows a great attitude every day in training and his desire to learn is evident.

“I would have no hesitation [in bringing him back], but right now he is a Spurs player. He will go back and we’ll chat to Spurs about where we are for next season.

“Spurs send staff up all the time. Dean Rastrick was up two weeks ago and we had some lunch, chatting about the relationship.

“As a loan club, Rangers provides a unique environment of playing in front of 50,000 people. How many places does that happen? It is a huge benefit for us.

“They see the facilities here as being like a Premier League club. The way we play also hopefully works out well for those clubs.

“But we have to respond to their feedback and make sure they know all they need to know. If we can do that and strengthen the relationship then we will be in a good place.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/14310585.Rangers_boss_Mark_Warburton_open_to_a_second_loan_swoop_for_Spurs_defender_Dominic_Ball/

I'm hoping Zelalem will come into his own once the fine Scottish Spring weather kicks in. At the moment he is not much good in the blood and snotters environment of Scottish Winter football :).

I think im getting you here Les------the fine Scottish spring weather being,the first two weeks in august.:seal:

He was to start against st mirren but got injured pre game

I didn't know GZ was injured, but must be true because he's not in the squad again. Could mean he's out of favour, but I still think he'd be on the bench as an option anyway.

Interesting front-three: King and O'Halloran are probably the most direct wingers we have, and Clark is the only real out-and-out striker. I think Forrester is quite a good option in central midfield; he's got good ball-control and is quite direct. Holt is always a threat.

Decent side, considering there are a few changes.