The service provided by BBC Scotland

That's now over a month since the latest email was sent. Ian, has there been any reply or any sort of acknowledgement?

If not then perhaps forward it again with a polite request for an expected timescale for a reply.

I have not heard anything back BD,no surprise there!,so I have just sent them a wee reminder,see below,thanks for your prompting.

Dear Sirs,

I am still waiting for a reply to my complaint I made regarding the issue BBC Scotland have with Rangers FC?,see below email.

It has been a long time since the original complaint was made and some time since I contacted the BBC Trust about this!.

I at the very least expected some sort of repy being a license payer!.

Kind Regards,

Ian1964.

Dear Mr ian1964

06/05/2016

Thank you for your email. I note from our records that my colleague Lily Rigden sent an email to you on 8 April, which confirmed receipt of your appeal and set out the next steps of the process. It seems that you did not receive that email and I am sorry if this is owing to an error on our part. I have attached a copy for your information and we will be in touch again in due course.

Yours sincerely

Kirsty

Kirsty Clarke

Complaints Adviser

Edited by ian1964

• 2 weeks later...

Peter Hitchens mentions the BBC in his column today. Worth paying attention to the section highlighted at the bottom.

As I have actually been to North Korea, and lived in Russia, I feel qualified to comment on some stupid remarks by a Leftist BBC favourite, Peter Kosminsky.

Mr Kosminsky, a much-garlanded film-maker, absurdly compared government plans to reform the BBC with the control of the airwaves in North Korea and Russia.

Here’s the thing I noticed about North Korea, and which was true of all the communist states in their pomp (which I saw). Those ridiculous slogans you see everywhere, urging praise for the Great Leader, or acclaiming the Party’s wise rule, have a hard purpose.

What they say to the people is: ‘You are powerless. We can put this insulting, arrogant rubbish on the wall in 8ft letters, and you can do absolutely nothing about it.’

It is a deliberate humiliation of all thinking people.

And the only thing comparable to this in modern Britain is the BBC. Here, it ceaselessly transmits material which many of us believe to be false, propagandist or contentious. Mr Kosminsky said the BBC’s main job is to speak truth to power. But the BBC is power. Who can speak truth to it?

We are compelled to pay for it under the threat of imprisonment, it decides which opinions are approved and which are not. It can and does utterly ignore the views of about half the population.

On many occasions I have spotted clear instances of bias, complained in calm, well-marshalled detail about them, taken them through stage after stage and at the end been told – by the BBC themselves – that they have done nothing wrong.

Many of you will have had similar feelings of powerless fury as you have listened to the Corporation’s presenters, and its dramas and soap operas, despising your morals and tastes, ignoring things you know to be true and important, and treating things as uncontested fact which, let us say, have not been proven.

If you doubt this bias, then listen to the words of several prominent BBC people. Mark Thompson, the then director- general, said in 2010 that the BBC had suffered a ‘massive bias to the Left’.

The distinguished presenter Andrew Marr said the Corporation was ‘a publicly funded urban organisation with an abnormally large proportion of younger people, of people in ethnic minorities and almost certainly of gay people, compared with the population at large’.

All this, he said, ‘creates an innate liberal bias inside the BBC’. The equally distinguished John Humphrys has also said: ‘The BBC has tended over the years to be broadly liberal as opposed to broadly conservative.’

There’s no real dispute about it, and it is quite unjust and wrong. But last week’s White Paper on the BBC offers a tiny spark of hope. The BBC is soon to lose the power to be judge and jury in its own cause. If you pursue your complaint hard enough, it will go to Ofcom, an outside regulator.

I urge you to do as I shall do, and – as soon as it is in place – use this new freedom to the full. My only fear is that Ofcom itself is infected by the same establishment Leftism as the BBC. It will have to prove me wrong. But such small changes can sometimes bring about revolutions.

As much as I mistrust all optimism, I am entitled to hope. Let us all speak truth to BBC power.

http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2016/05/lefties-are-spot-on-their-precious-bbc-is-at-risk-it-may-have-to-lose-its-bias.html