The service provided by BBC Scotland

Anna Sweeney, of BBC Complaints, responded to one complainer saying that the BBC would respond in "exactly the same way of any institution or body acted in a similar fashion".

Other publicly funded bodies wouldn't behave in the same way as the BBC.

If Man Utd banned a BBC journalist, would the BBC stop covering their games? No chance.

What other publicly funded organisation would cease to cover the most popular football team in their country?

Any other business would have sought to resolve it, or faced a customer backlash and a load of cancellations of subscriptions or drop in advertising revenue due to lower viewing figures. Of course the BBC have nothing to fear there...

We need a petition to send to the BBC headquarters in London.

Noted that McLaughlin was doing the pitch side interviews of the jubilant Ross County players and staff at Hampden after claiming the League cup, one wonders who would have been on duty if we had reached and won It.

A

The only way to change the BBC is to abolish the licence fee & get it to raise its revenue by other means.

That way it will be dependent on its viewing/listening figures like other broadcasters. If no one watches ' Off the Ball' or whatever it's called then it will get scrapped & replaced by something else people might want to watch/listen to. At present that doesn't happen hence we get the pondlife who present the programme & the pondlife who contribute to it.

The days when the public are forced to pay for a state broadcaster are long gone IMO

The irony is that defenders of the licence fee will argue that with a publicly funded broadcaster we are guaranteed high quality and impartial programming and news...

I have just emailed the BBC Trust and forwarded my initial complaint and both replies I received, got to keep trying, someone with a bit more intelligence than me might get a better response!

Hi,

I am wondering if the BBC Trust can look into the issue I and many thousands of license paying football fans in Scotland have with BBC Scotland as I am not satisfied with the initial response I received and fear I will just be fobbed off again!.

I am not happy that being a license paying customer I am not receiving what I am paying for all because of an issue between BBC Scotland and Rangers FC.

All I am asking for is parity with all other license holders,it is not just Rangers fans that are not getting what they are paying for,it is every team we play against as their fans are also missing out on coverage of their team and are also license holders!.

If there is an issue with one reporter is it too much for BBC Scotland to send another reporter to cover the match?,how long must this go on?,why should I and thousands of other people continue to pay for a license and not receive what we are paying for?,can I get a refund on my license fee?,or just not renew my license?,what is the point in paying for it?.

What other publicly funded organisation would cease to cover the most popular football team in their country?. I can't help thinking there is a clear bias towards Rangers FC by BBC Scotland.

I hope this issue is resolved soon as the integrity of the BBC on a whole is seriously being asked!.

Other publicly funded bodies wouldn't behave in the same way as the BBC.

If Man Utd banned a BBC journalist, would the BBC stop covering their games? No chance.

What other publicly funded organisation would cease to cover the most popular football team in their country?

BBC Radio 5 commentator Alan Green was banned by Alex Ferguson for years. Ferguson refused to be interviewed by him and wouldn't answer any questions he asked at news conferences.

From 2004 to 2011 Alex Ferguson refused to speak to anyone at the BBC at all, he wouldn't do pre or post match interviews despite being contractually obliged too.

Eventually the Director General of the BBC intervened and an agreement was reached with him. But for 7 years he would have nothing to do with them. They still covered pretty much every Man Utd match at home, away and abroad during that period.

The arrogance of BBC Scotland knows no bounds at times.

Ian, feel free to use this in your arguments

The BBC’s Royal Charter states inter alia the following:

3.The BBC’s public nature and its objects

(1)The BBC exists to serve the public interest.

(2)The BBC’s main object is the promotion of its Public Purposes.

4.The Public Purposes

The Public Purposes of the BBC are as follows—

(d)representing the UK, its nations, regions and communities;

The BBC is acting outside of its Charter in respect of its refusal to deal with Rangers for the following reasons:

1. It is not acting in the public interest. Football is the most popular sport in Scotland and Rangers have the biggest following of any team throughout the whole of Scotland. The BBC’s failure to cover Rangers and their games is therefore in clear violation of 3 (1) of the Charter.

2. It is not representing Scotland by failing to cover its most popular football club. A large section of the Scottish community is being disregarded. Other English clubs (eg Manchester United) have withdrawn press access to one journalist in the past and the BBC did not take the same action. It can therefore be concluded that it this action is only being taken because it is a Scottish club and that it is largely Scots who are being inconvenienced in this action. This therefore is also a clear violation of 4(d) of the BBC Charter.