Celtc to get full Broomie

On the other side I don't know why a Rangers fan would want to go to their shit-hole and be put in a seat with a terrible restricted view and then be subjected to their abuse an offensive song list.

I don't go any more but have gone plenty of times in the past.

The reasons for going?

- to support and encourage the team

- to get it up them when we win.

Perhaps my favourite day as a Gers fan may be the time we won the league at Parkhead in 1999, and they humiliated themselves both on and off the park. A fantastic day that would not have been the same if the fans were not there to help the team and share in the victory.

The reasons for going?

Perhaps my favourite day as a Gers fan may be the time we won the league at Parkhead in 1999, and they humiliated themselves both on and off the park. A fantastic day that would not have been the same if the fans were not there to help the team and share in the victory.

I understand that but I do think things have changed massively, and I still think 51.5k Rangers fans at Ibrox outweighs the support from and enjoyment for the Rangers fans at Parkhead - as well as all the other points.

While I can see you'd want to go, I would expect vicariously that putting even a penny in their coffers these days would be significantly off-putting.

There's plenty of other down sides, like the police intimidation and possible kettling, abuse around the stadium from Celtic thugs. Then there's going to be the crap on the tannoy about us being a new club. I can see the pros and cons but the cons now hugely outweigh the pros in my mind.

I think the support for the team affecting performance would even itself out, and I think the likes of Warburton is good at convincing the team to use it positively - and it didn't stop us from beating Leeds at Ellend Road.

Edited by calscot

John Gilligan stated at the RST agm that if we sold enough season tickets then their allocation would be less, whatever the minimum is. If this post is correct then the club have gone back on a promise.

Personally I don't care if it means less tickets for us a Parkhead, I will never be back there.

John Gilligan stated at the RST agm that if we sold enough season tickets then their allocation would be less, whatever the minimum is. If this post is correct then the club have gone back on a promise.

Personally I don't care if it means less tickets for us a Parkhead, I will never be back there.

Well, obviously we need to sell enough season tickets first. 36,000 so far this season so more is possible when promotion is secured.

Edited by Frankie

Let them come in, smash the place up and we can then recharge them for all the refurbs. :) We can get a lot of work done on the stand at Celtic's expense.

Lol. Yeah, keep rotating them around the stadium until they have demolished everything and get them to upgrade the stadium for us :D

I understand that but I do think things have changed massively, and I still think 51.5k Rangers fans at Ibrox outweighs the support from and enjoyment for the Rangers fans at Parkhead - as well as all the other points.

While I can see you'd want to go, I would expect vicariously that putting even a penny in their coffers these days would be significantly off-putting.

There's plenty of other down sides, like the police intimidation and possible kettling, abuse around the stadium from Celtic thugs. Then there's going to be the crap on the tannoy about us being a new club. I can see the pros and cons but the cons now hugely outweigh the pros in my mind.

I think the support for the team affecting performance would even itself out, and I think the likes of Warburton is good at convincing the team to use it positively - and it didn't stop us from beating Leeds at Ellend Road.

I have a lot of sympathy with your views. However it's easy for us to take that view as we aren't missing out and I can understand those who go every week such as TB and BH having a different opinion.

John Gilligan stated at the RST agm that if we sold enough season tickets then their allocation would be less, whatever the minimum is. If this post is correct then the club have gone back on a promise..

I wonder if Gilligan said it following a board decision and with consultation with the police or whether he just said it off the top of his head without much consideration.

The reasons for going?

Rangers will sell out any allocation they receive for the Stad de Gadd and quite right too. Good luck to any bear doing that.

I've had many a great day there over the years but won't be going back to any of the away grounds belonging to the clubs who threw us out of the SPL. Never.

As for them playing us at Ibrox , I'd suspect the police will have a lot to say about where their fans sit.

I go to every home game,and most away when allocated a ticket, but agree that the issue to the scum be zero or full Broomloan Road.

Reasons zero means no trouble and a damage free stadium,full Broomloan means no Rangers fans being struck by missiles from above but probable damage cost of which should be billed to the manky mob.

Meeting them again is the downside of the Premier League as I would be happy if they never again set foot in Ibrox.they are not worth it.