Celtc to get full Broomie

The more fool him then because the police will determine who sits where and how many of them there are inside the ground. The match commander has the ultimate authority in these matters.

The police are not going to say you have to sell celtic 8000 tickets instead of 1000 for the corner for safety reasons, they cannot decide they can only advise on safety concerns and we must meet any criteria determined to make our decision on numbers safe.

Not correct. Police are only concerned with public order/safety, they would be happy if no Celtc fans were there.

That might well be true but if Rangers sell tickets to any group of away fans which I believe is an SPFL requirement then the police will determine the seating arrangements or at least they will have to agree the Club's seating and segregation plan.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

The police are not going to say you have to sell celtic 8000 tickets instead of 1000 for the corner for safety reasons, they cannot decide they can only advise on safety concerns and we must meet any criteria determined to make our decision on numbers safe.

That's only partly true see last post.

The more fool him then because the police will determine who sits where and how many of them there are inside the ground. The match commander has the ultimate authority in these matters.

That is not correct. The police do not have the power to tell Rangers that they must give a certain number of tickets to away fans. They can and will insist on segregation etc. as I said earlier the police would be happy if no Celtc fans were there.

That might well be true but if Rangers sell.tickets to.a y group of away fans which I believe is an SPFL requirement then the police will determine the seating arrangements or at least they will have to agree the Club's seating and segtegation plan.

yeah they tell us we must have a gap of x amount of seats same as they do for every game. The corner is all we have to give them. Let celtic only give us 1000 tickets for their dump and see if they can sell their allocation or have come to us cap in hand

Last time I was at the piggery was the 1-1 game, big Jig scored with about 15 mins left, header from a corner! Absolute bedelam? Nothing beats going there, standing your ground, supporting the Bears and generally getting it right up them!

I have to say I can live with them having the Broamie, I can remember when they got half the main stand and west enclosure too.

Yes, you need to bathe in bleach after 90mins there but you can't beat pumping them at their shitehole??

Edited by cooponthewing

That is not correct. The police do not have the power to tell Rangers that they must give a certain number of tickets to away fans. They can and will insist on segregation etc. as I said earlier the police would be happy if no Celtc fans were there.

I don't believe I said they had that power. Obviously they can't tell Rangers to sell any tickets to away fans only the SPFL can do that nor can they tell Rangers to sell more tickets than Rangers wan to sell; but they can limit the number of tickets sold for any particular area and they can enforce whatever they want in terms of segregation.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I don't believe I said they had that power. Obviously they can't tell Rangers to sell any tickets to away fans only the SPFL can do that nor can they tell Rangers to sell more tickets than Rangers wan to sell; but they can limit the number of tickets sold for any particular area and they can enforce whatever they want in terms of segregation.

The police will also take into account the access and egress to/from the ground. That more than anything else will probably determine which parts of the stadium the skidmarks are placed in.

The police will also take into account the access and egress to/from the ground. That more than anything else will probably determine which parts of the stadium the skidmarks are placed in.

Without a doubt that is a major consideration.

I am equally in no doubt that the police will "advise" Rangers that from an operational point of view it would be easier for them to deal with the Broomloan full of Celtic fans rather than enforcing any kind of segregation in that stand.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Yes you did.

"The more fool him then because the police will determine who sits where and how many of them there are inside the ground. The match commander has the ultimate authority in these matters."