Celtc to get full Broomie

Yes you did.

"The more fool him then because the police will determine who sits where and how many of them there are inside the ground. The match commander has the ultimate authority in these matters."

You have taken that quote out of context. It was in relation to Mr Gilligan's reported comments about Celtic possibly not getting the full Broomloan Stand.

What I meant was that the police can limit the number of fans in any particular area and insist on segregation, I think you know I didn't mean they can force Rangers to sell more tickets than they want to sell for any given area.

If Rangers only want to sell say the top tier of the Broomloan to Celtic fans that's Rangers decision; but the police might then say that they can't sell the bottom tier to Rangers fans or vice versa; or if they allowed it then there would have to be such a big gap (to avoid missile throwing etc) that it would not be cost effective. That's my point.

You have taken that quote out of context. It was in relation to Mr Gilligan's reported comments about Celtic possibly not getting the full Broomloan Stand.

What I meant was that the police can limit the number of fans in any particular area and insist on segregation, I think you know I didn't mean they can force Rangers to sell more tickets than they want to sell for any given area.

If Rangers only want to sell say the top tier of the Broomloan to Celtic fans that's Rangers decision; but the police might then say that they can't sell the bottom tier to Rangers fans or vice versa; or if they allowed it then there would have to be such a big gap (to avoid missile throwing etc) that it would not be cost effective. That's my point.

I have not taken anything out of context. Anyone can read the posts, it seems you can never admit to making the smallest error. I will leave it at that.

I believe that is what John Gilligan was saying.

Agreed - I think Dave King said something similar.

Normally, I'd find the idea of achieving 42K+ season tickets as somewhat romantic and unlikely but given the progress the club and team has made - not to mention the positive coincidence of an excellent standard of football and our return to the Premiership, then it may just be possible. More so, if we manage to beat Celtic next month.

I still doubt it but it can be done.

Agreed - I think Dave King said something similar.

Normally, I'd find the idea of achieving 42K+ season tickets as somewhat romantic and unlikely but given the progress the club and team has made - not to mention the positive coincidence of an excellent standard of football and our return to the Premiership, then it may just be possible. More so, if we manage to beat Celtic next month.

I still doubt it but it can be done.

With the correct pricing structure and a good marketing strategy, i think we could push through the 40k. Getting back into the top flight again is it's own draw, but it's so much more than that, back from near death, the journey, loyalty, footballing ethos of attacking passing football. It's an advertising executives wet dream.