Club1872 proposal (i.e. fan group amalgamation) now published

Also why would you deduct anything , these people are already losing out, and if it came down to a choice I would rather get my £500 RF membership fee back if that's ok

Surely some helpful small print in the Rangers First paperwork telling you how to get your money back.

I'd need to have a look at the list of life members of both organisations and see the number of duplicates before I could assess that. No one has both lists at the moment.

Nobody should have both lists until the organisations are merged as there would be DPA issues.

Nobody should have both lists until the organisations are merged as there would be DPA issues.

I would think the negotiators or people setting it up would need all the facts so I am not sure that they shouldn't have all the facts and figures.

I would think the negotiators or people setting it up would need all the facts so I am not sure that they shouldn't have all the facts and figures.

Numbers are available but not names for the reason that Bluedell has stated.

Numbers are available but not names for the reason that Bluedell has stated.

That's what i actually meant I can understand that no names are given. I never thought of names to be honest.

I had just finished writing this on RM in answer to a question over there and was just in the process of copying onto here Frankie lol , these are my own notes so apologies to anyone if any point was incorrect , there was another gersnetter in attendance stuarta i believe again appologies stuart if I got your username wrong .

Very decent meeting yesterday , all questions that were asked were fully answered , to the satisfaction of those who asked them , they may not agree with some of the answers given , but none were dodged imho.

Some of the questions .

Who came up with the idea of merging the various groups .....Answer was that it came from the meetings the club had with the groups , it was mentioned several times that there were too many factions , hence a working group was set up .

Who was invited onto this working group....answer Any group that had a properly set up organisation with an elected committee (there was more to it than this Greg maybe better fully answering this point )but you get my jist

What is happening to those that have dual life memberships in both RF and the RST .....answer was it hadn't been fully thought out as until the new organisation is up and running or rather if the new org gets the go ahead then the records of membership of both schemes cannot be compared ,several opinions were given but until the working group get the figures on how many people this affects its pointless speculating.

Why the rush ....answer was the working groups had been working on this for over 8 months , emails went out to all relevant groups over 4 months ago with the draft proposals and the vast % , over 96% were in favour of further talks

What would happen to RST members who decided to take their save Rangers money/shares out instead of transferring over ....their would be a period of time after any new group was formed where any fan would be given the choice of what they wanted to do with their money/shares

What is the purpose of the CIC club 1872....this is just a holding company to bring the RF and the RST CIC,s under , it would also be the company that would hold the licences for any website or anythin else required for the new company( again there is a better more detailed answer than this that hopefully Greg can give )

Does James Blair understand the term Conflict of Interest ....Answer was fully debated and I was satisfied with the answers given , it is a tricky one this but it was answered properly.

What about season ticket holders .......Answer , this is awkward because of financial rules around the club offering incentives to fanswhich would lead to receive financial gain , though there were various things being discussed.

In finishing , there were other points raised that I cant full remember , I apologize to Greg in advance if I have left him to answer questions that I have raised or if I have misrepresented. any questions raised or answers given

In short it was a very good meeting , I would strongly advise anyone with any doubts or misgivings to go and ask them in person , the internet is great , twitter is great for some things but debating something as important as this , nope not in 140 characters .

Any way hope this helps in some small way it certainly helped me come to a decision.

Edited by rbr

Thanks mate.

It seems the meeting was quite complicated in places but I assume a minute will still be made available (possibly a joint one after Thursday's meeting)?

Greg was taking proper notes and plgsarmy was also there , hopefully yes , there are obviously a lot of scenarios that haven't even been thought of yet but after due consideration I do broadly agree with this , we can't continue in this continual Monty Python sequel state , people,s front of Judaea , no the popular people's front of Judaea , bloody splitters

I had just finished writing this on RM in answer to a question over there and was just in the process of copying onto here Frankie lol , these are my own notes so apologies to anyone if any point was incorrect , there was another gersnetter in attendance stuarta i believe again appologies stuart if I got your username wrong .

Very decent meeting yesterday , all questions that were asked were fully answered , to the satisfaction of those who asked them , they may not agree with some of the answers given , but none were dodged imho.

Some of the questions .

Who came up with the idea of merging the various groups .....Answer was that it came from the meetings the club had with the groups , it was mentioned several times that there were too many factions , hence a working group was set up .

Who was invited onto this working group....answer Any group that had a properly set up organisation with an elected committee (there was more to it than this Greg maybe better fully answering this point )but you get my jist

What is happening to those that have dual life memberships in both RF and the RST .....answer was it hadn't been fully thought out as until the new organisation is up and running or rather if the new org gets the go ahead then the records of membership of both schemes cannot be compared ,several opinions were given but until the working group get the figures on how many people this affects its pointless speculating.

Why the rush ....answer was the working groups had been working on this for over 8 months , emails went out to all relevant groups over 4 months ago with the draft proposals and the vast % , over 96% were in favour of further talks

What would happen to RST members who decided to take their save Rangers money/shares out instead of transferring over ....their would be a period of time after any new group was formed where any fan would be given the choice of what they wanted to do with their money/shares

What is the purpose of the CIC club 1872....this is just a holding company to bring the RF and the RST CIC,s under , it would also be the company that would hold the licences for any website or anythin else required for the new company( again there is a better more detailed answer than this that hopefully Greg can give )

Does James Blair understand the term Conflict of Interest ....Answer was fully debated and I was satisfied with the answers given , it is a tricky one this but it was answered properly.

What about season ticket holders .......Answer , this is awkward because of financial rules around the club offering incentives to fanswhich would lead to receive financial gain , though there were various things being discussed.

In finishing , there were other points raised that I cant full remember , I apologize to Greg in advance if I have left him to answer questions that I have raised or if I have misrepresented. any questions raised or answers given

In short it was a very good meeting , I would strongly advise anyone with any doubts or misgivings to go and ask them in person , the internet is great , twitter is great for some things but debating something as important as this , nope not in 140 characters .

Any way hope this helps in some small way it certainly helped me come to a decision.

Thanks for posting mate and I appreciate you coming and asking Qs

"What is the purpose of the CIC club 1872....this is just a holding company to bring the RF and the RST CIC,s under , it would also be the company that would hold the licences for any website or anythin else required for the new company"

That's close - but club 1872 is a ltd not a cic - there are two CIC's in club 1872 - one for Shares (which is RF) and one for projects (which is RST's cic) - Club 1872 ltd is also not sitting 'above' the cic's, its a flat structure with the same elected members serving on the board of each org and all the members of club 1872 having voting rights for all the orgs in OMOV.

I think the rest of it is good and I'm sure everyone on here appreciates you taking the effort - I'll hopefully be able expand on some of it later :)