I share Rab's view that to win the title we need to be bringing in some top quality.

However MW has brought in some guys like Forrester from pub teams down south who are looking ok so far. He knows what he wants from a player and he must surely know the quality we will face next season, so while I really want at least a couple of game-changing quality players, I think rbr is right in saying we should probably leave it to the pros.

I'm won't stop us debating the pedigree of signings, none of which have had me itching to see their debuts, but this team seems greater than the sum of its parts, so some slack has to be given. MW will know he must come at least second next season and win the title the next or his head will be called for, so he has earned the right to do it his way.

No one on here really knew anything about the following players , Foderingham , Tavineer , Kiernan , Forrester , Waghorn ,Holt ,and even Halliday , the general opinion was that they were a risk , were they really Rangers standard , we'll look how well that's turned out

Ali Crawford is the same age as Andy Halliday. Now let's compare the two.

Halliday's senior career started at Livingston. He did well & went south and became a better player for doing so.OK he didnt play in the EPL but still became a better player to the extent I fully expect him to prove himself next season in our top division & get into wee Chesney's Scotland squad. And next month's game vs the yahoos will be different too. Lego-eaterBrown bossed Black in the LC semi last year. He wont boss Halliday & he knows it.

Can Alli Crawford match that? Sensible replies please

No one on here really knew anything about the following players , Foderingham , Tavineer , Kiernan , Forrester , Waghorn ,Holt ,and even Halliday , the general opinion was that they were a risk , were they really Rangers standard , we'll look how well that's turned out

I'm not sure they were as much a risk as you suggest. They were all playing in leagues as good as our top division. Halliday was no risk whatsoever.

I'm not sure they were as much a risk as you suggest. They were all playing in leagues as good as our top division. Halliday was no risk whatsoever.

In your opinion maybe , but not the majority of the fans

I knew nothing of any of them,until they signed

Edited by ian1964

Sidenote, Crawford is contracted to Accies till summer 2018. Whatever he ought to have signed must involve some sort of fee. I have no doubt that the media will try to squeeze more info out of MW, with no success whatsoever. So prepare yourself for some transfer rumour banter here.

Transfermarkt says ... roughly 500k, main position: left midfield, secondary positions: central midfield & right-back

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ali-crawford/profil/spieler/79620