As I said earlier we must be prepared for next season which means bringing in better quality players. Not Ali Crawford and such like

So in other words you can't dispute what I said. Cool, gotcha

Hamilton have a recent positive history of bringing through some good young players and currently Crawford and Ziggy Gordon are seen as their two best with both being rumoured for moves away over the last year or two due to their impressive form.

Is he good enough for Rangers? I don't know but we only need look as James McCarthur and James McCarthy to see signing players from Hamilton is not necessarily a bad thing.

As it stands Law, Shiels, Zelalem, Forrester and Ball will be leaving the club in the summer so that's five players who've all featured reasonably regularly in central midfield we'll need to replace. Crawford as just one of the five seems agreeable enough to me.

Edited by Frankie

No one on here really knew anything about the following players , Foderingham , Tavineer , Kiernan , Forrester , Waghorn ,Holt ,and even Halliday , the general opinion was that they were a risk , were they really Rangers standard , we'll look how well that's turned out

Come, come rbr, there was at least one poster on here who had written them off as not being good enough and bemoaning our manager for not signing players from Germany and Spain.

One thing that Warburton has reminded us is that under the right manager, and in the right side, any player can excel. I'll be entirely honest and admit the career of Ali Crawford has completely passed me by, however I'd never heard of Tavernier, Kiernan or Waghorn this time last year either. You know I can remember when we were once linked with a youngish Falkirk centre half, a lot of fans weren't keen on the idea of signing players from Falkirk, we signed players from much bigger clubs. His name was Davie Weir, he did alright in then end.

It's also important to acknowledge that players can develop quickly at any time.

Some will stand out early in their careers, others won't suddenly appear until later on. Dado Prso is quite a good example of this.

That's why scouting is so important.

Come, come rbr, there was at least one poster on here who had written them off as not being good enough and bemoaning our manager for not signing players from Germany and Spain.

One thing that Warburton has reminded us is that under the right manager, and in the right side, any player can excel. I'll be entirely honest and admit the career of Ali Crawford has completely passed me by, however I'd never heard of Tavernier, Kiernan or Waghorn this time last year either. You know I can remember when we were once linked with a youngish Falkirk centre half, a lot of fans weren't keen on the idea of signing players from Falkirk, we signed players from much bigger clubs. His name was Davie Weir, he did alright in then end.

<snip> <snip>

Edited by Frankie
You weren't even mentioned so enough with the abuse please

I don't think anyone is suggesting he's going to be the 'star signing' we all want/need, but he's a decent player that could bring something to the team. Weren't Arsenal looking at him at one point?

I don't think anyone is suggesting he's going to be the 'star signing' we all want/need, but he's a decent player that could bring something to the team. Weren't Arsenal looking at him at one point?

I think he's been linked with moves reasonably often to England and has certainly been a stand out in the SPL over the last season or two.

Like you say, he's not a marquee signing (what a horrible term) but we need Scottish players in the squad for European rules purposes also.

I think he's been linked with moves reasonably often to England and has certainly been a stand out in the SPL over the last season or two.

Like you say, he's not a marquee signing (what a horrible term) but we need Scottish players in the squad for European rules purposes also.

what European rules purposes ??