[FT] Falkirk 3 - 2 Rangers (Miller 7; McKay 9)

We are better than them,that is why we are going to win the league!,does that all of a sudden make us a bad team?,we lost to them the last time we played them at their ground,it happens!,we are all pissed off mate but we are going along quite well.

Ian, if you want to take the season as a whole,we have so many positives its untrue.

Great manager,great assistant,good wee team that look TRAINED,fitness is second none,-etc,etc.

Off field something similar---everything going well as could be expected.

Tonight though?-----it was a 45 min shambles----there can be no getting away from this,no way. Utter shambles,terrible attitude from the side.

Ian, if you want to take the season as a whole,we have so many positives its untrue.

Great manager,great assistant,good wee team that look TRAINED,fitness is second none,-etc,etc.

Off field something similar---everything going well as could be expected.

Tonight though?-----it was a 45 min shambles----there can be no getting away from this,no way. Utter shambles,terrible attitude from the side.

I agree mate,I'm only trying to to remain upbeat with a bit of perspective on tonight!

Edited by ian1964

It concerns me for the future when a team can lose a game due to attitude and laziness, without fear of facing the manager (Arsenal as an example).

Thats why I think you'll see half a dozen new arrivals in the summer. This team needs to improve 50 percent if it is to challenge for the title next season

Thats why I think you'll see half a dozen new arrivals in the summer. This team needs to improve 50 percent if it is to challenge for the title next season

I don't agree. You could bring in 50 players, but if they have no fear of the consequences of putting in a lazy display then it matters not a jot. Back to my Arsenal example.

And let's take nothing away from Falkirk tonight.

They kept at it when they were 2-0 down & I've always maintained the most important appointment a club makes is its manager.

I've always said someone like Peter Houston should have replaced WS when he left in 2011. Instead we wasted three and a half years with McCoist and only got back on track last summer when we got MW.

We're still in a very commanding position but tonight may be the reality check some of us were needing.

I thought this game was lost when the midfield slackened on their effort.

There were signs even in the first half that this coming. Sloppy passes, missed runs, missed tackles and missed chances.

In the second half Houston had willing front runners who were effectively closing down and harrying our defence. This forced the defence to turn back and the midfield were not coming back quick enough to give them someone to pass to.

On many occasions when we had been pressing forward and gave the ball away, Falkirk would pass it to their front runners but our midfield were not tracking back to follow the Falkirk midfield going forward.

All three of Falkirks' goals were as a result of poor defence and a laudible effort from Falkirk.

If we want to play a high line in offence, then the midfield will have to be a lot better at assisting the defence. To be a winner you need major effort every game.

I don't agree. You could bring in 50 players, but if they have no fear of the consequences of putting in a lazy display then it matters not a jot. Back to my Arsenal example.

Ach!,you're just itching for an argument!.if you can't see the progression we are making then that's your problem!,everybody else can see quite clearly how much we have improved in such a short time!

As a consequence of one game? This team will get us promoted but will need seriously strengthened in the summer. MW knows that & has already been making plans to do just that.

As for Arsenal I have to disagree completely. i think Wenger past his best a decade ago and many managers in the EPL have had his number for some time now. How he'sstill there I don't know.