[FT] Falkirk 3 - 2 Rangers (Miller 7; McKay 9)

I don't really think it will make much difference who is second or third as Hibs or Falkirk will beat the 4th placed and meet in the 2nd play-off.

The only difference will be who gets to play the 2nd leg at home...both clubs will want that.

Stunning win by Falkirk , Stubbs will be more gutted than any of us and that thought cheers me up.

The only difference will be who gets to play the 2nd leg at home...both clubs will want that.

This is why Stubbs will be more gutted than us? :facepalm:

Up for work this morning and now that I've calmed down a bit from that last 20 minute drubbing we got last night I still cant understand the substitutions. Falkirk played a high line harassing our midfield right out of the game and forced the defence to turn and chase. They pumped balls up to one on ones on Tav Kiernon and Wilson.

The game actually turned on its head when we took MacKay and Miller off and they spotted Tav was having a nightmare so the put that sub on, sat him on Tav and he proceeded to give him an absolute roasting. The pansy clearances that led to their 3 goals were pretty embarrassing to be honest.

this is the one thing that worries me about this squad, how weak it is

not just physically - we are woeful defensively when put under any sort of pressure

but where what was the leadership tonight when it started to go wrong?

where was the player putting their foot on it and calming things down?

do the same at hampden against the filth and we'll get destroyed.

I am enjoying this season!,we have played fantastic football and witnessed a real turn around in the club,on & off the pitch,even last night we were excellent and didn't deserve to lose or even draw,we could/should have been 4/5 up at half time!,last night's defeat doesn't really affect our aims from the beginning of the season,good chance Hibs will drop points today at Raith and a bit of luck Hardie will ensure that!, it is impossible to play the way we do and not get a couple of bad results over the course of a season,the players will bounce back after this defeat as they have done before and MW & DW will make sure they do,all in all I really look forward to going to Ibrox more than ever due to the way we play,what a difference to the last 4/5 seasons.

I am enjoying this season!,we have played fantastic football and witnessed a real turn around in the club,on & off the pitch,even last night we were excellent and didn't deserve to lose or even draw,we could/should have been 4/5 up at half time!,last night's defeat doesn't really affect our aims from the beginning of the season,good chance Hibs will drop points today at Raith and a bit of luck Hardie will ensure that!, it is impossible to play the way we do and not get a couple of bad results over the course of a season,the players will bounce back after this defeat as they have done before and MW & DW will make sure they do,all in all I really look forward to going to Ibrox more than ever due to the way we play,what a difference to the last 4/5 seasons.

The worrying thing is not losing a game Ian it is the total capitulation, panic and very very poor defending that is the worry. It is also not the first time it has happened. I was just getting over my doubts about Kiernen but after last night my doubts are very much higher than they have ever been.

Over-confidence.

Edited by RANGERRAB

It's fair to criticise Kiernan for his role in the second goal, but IMO he did the right thing: trying to control the ball to play forward; he just mis-controlled it, letting them in. If he did what he intended, then we'd be saying he was composed under pressure. Of course, sometimes the best thing is to just clear your lines. There is no doubt he has improved a lot and there's no doubt he was culpable for the goal, but it doesn't then follow that he's gone backwards; he only mis-controlled the ball, which any player can do.