[FT] Raith Rovers 3 - 3 Rangers (Forrester 29; O'Halloran 35; Miller 48)

Was at the game today, so many emotions to go through in one game. To be honest I feel gutted right now, but I'll be at Ibrox on Tuesday so bring it on. Need to sharpen up defensively though especially with the cup semi coming up

I think some of us need to chill a little.The journey is almost over after these four long years. We need to remember that at the start of this season there was only one priority this season which was to get promoted. That objective has all but been achieved with four of five games to spare.

At the start of the season did we expect to be in this position ? I didn't. We had a new manager & literally had to throw a team together in a very short space of time after the McCoist fiasco flopped so badly last season and all those players left. But the new players have generally all done very well and the squad will be strengthened further in the summer.

Regardless of what happens in the SC semi we should a try and relax a little. Not getting promotion this season would have been unthinkable but we have achieved what we set out to do. Let's look ahead with confidence.

You had a bang on the heid?..................................................:laugh:

5 away games this season against the 3 teams below us and we have 1 win 3 defeats and conceded 10 goals. All were games we should have won. That is not a blip or an unlucky piece of refereeing or an off day, it is a major worry for next season.

I read that nobody could have predicted we would be in this position at the start of the season- nonsense, we have a top manager, a squad that is worth more than our 9 opponents combined, and stability in the boardroom. This season should always have been the cakewalk that it has turned out to be. While the style of play and number of goals scored has been fantastic, the defensive frailties refuse to go away or be sorted. In the first few games we said it would take a bit of time to gel. 40 games later the two centre backs are still utterly lost and are nowhere near the standard required. I am surprised at Wilson who I thought would be an excellent player for us and in this system, but his error count is astronomical and completely unacceptable. The fact MW continues to select him is worrying. I have got to the point I hope he picks up a wee niggle before the OF game as he is most certainly our weak link and is directly up against the bheasts best player who could tear him a new one. Wilson is right in the mix at all 3 preventable goals again today from where I was standing.

One point I was furious about at the match. 2 minutes to go, we get a free kick at the edge of the RR box. Instead of running down the clock by waiting until RR got back 10 yards, the ref gets the shaving foam out, we then can't decide who is taking it and then take it into the corner as we go into injury time we try to take a quick free kick to the as usual offside Miller. I don't care if we had an open goal, no proper team 2 mins from a title takes a quick free kick. I don't know who took it but I would fine him. Miller should know better than to even consider making that run in the first place, but we all know that a football brain does not reside in his bald dome so I can forgive him for that but not the taker.

It used to be us that overran teams in the final minutes - recent weeks have shown we have ran out of juice and are very vulnerable towards the end of games now. Once is a blip, twice is concerning, three times in a month is completely unacceptable.

Does anybody want to start on the nonsensical substitutions?

As another poster mentioned if we only had the league left nobody would care as the job is done, but we have a SC SF against the bheasts coming up and a great chance against a dreadful side to win the cup and gain European football for next season which would be worth millions and could make a huge difference to MW's summer budget.

Does anybody want to start on the nonsensical substitutions?

As another poster mentioned if we only had the league left nobody would care as the job is done, but we have a SC SF against the bheasts coming up and a great chance against a dreadful side to win the cup and gain European football for next season which would be worth millions and could make a huge difference to MW's summer budget.

Concerns about our defence of late have been raised before, even by myself. So I leave that out and say a word about the substitutions.

First one - O'Halloran off, King on. IMHO, both seem to take their time to click with our style and tactics. MOH has now scored two in two, but much like last week, was not that often involved. We should utilize his pace more often right now, when we hit teams on the counter. King looked a bit off today too, but he hasn't seen that much game time either (still 21, mind you). Either one can play in the Challenge Cup Finale, but none in the Scum game.

Second one - McKay off, Shiels on - Barrie had a rather quiet game by his standards. He will be important for the Challenge Cup game and the SFA Cup semi. Shiels is as good a sub as you can get, was immediately in the game and set up Miller for the goal that should have won us the match, bar the (second) intervention of that linesman.

Third one - Forrester off, Zelalem on. From the looks, MW was suggesting that Harry got a knock to the calf and was taken off as a precaution. Make no mistake, these last few weeks we are living on Forrester's goals, invention, guile and cunning. We should utilize anything there is to get him signed, he will be one of the prime weapons against the Yahoos. I was very content that he went off. We had Law and Clark on th bench, but MW probably looked for keeping possession and spraying passes about. No the choice I would have made, not least since Zelalem is not exactly the type of player that will like the way Rovers played, nor their pitch. Clark (who has more bite in him) up front and Miller in a somewhat deeper role would probably have served us better. Or, indeed Ball to bolster the midfield.

Generally, Rovers are there challenging Hibs and Falkirk for a reason. They gave it their all and punished our slackness at the back. You would have thought that our players have learned from last week, but having said that, every game is different. What I very much DO assume is that our players are as annoyed about it as we are, which is a good thing. I'd rather have that now than next weekend or the weekend thereafter.

Edited by der Berliner

You had a bang on the heid?..................................................:laugh:

Not at all mate.

We simply cannot afford another season out of the top division.

Winning the SC would obviously get us back into Europe but I'm not convinced we can do it with what we've got at the moment.( hope I' m wrong though)

But the job is almost done. We shall rejoice on Tuesday night I' m sure

Just watched the highlights that were posted by BEARGER and our defence is shocking, however from what I have seen(very little) and going from what I saw last week at Ibrox, the rest of the team have absolutely no faith in the back line, after those second half subs are made the whole mood changes. The first goal was a cracker and the second was The goalies fault, but what I saw at the end was just a repeat of the week before, shambolic defending from the whole team running around no direction and nobody getting them by the throat and pulling them together to stop this Sunday schoolboy stuff happening. It's just unacceptable as has been said by many.

I have made my feelings known about Tuesday and how we should all get behind the team and enjoy it. It's a day to remember and as bears we will be there. Then we must give 100% to the Petro and win our first silverware for what will be a new generation of fans for some and for the incredible feat of selling the place out. Greatest fans in the world stem from Ibrox, nowhere else! let's party?We then have to sort this fucking shambolic debacle of a defence out. Otherwise that shower of sewer lickers will rip us apart. We can and will compete midfield and up front, but we have got to stop the nervous, this headless chicken shite with Wilson, Tav and Keirnan! Wallace is the captain, he should be getting a hold of them ffs! Against the mhanks I would play Dom Ball just in front of the 2 CH, just my opinion??

Until then guys, it's Sunday, soon be Tuesday, I have said all along it would be Tuesday for the party, my niece has a shout out for her birthday at Half time, Her name is Kayla and she is 8!? The new generation and fuck I'm getting old,I swore this would never happen ☹️?WATP!