[FT] Raith Rovers 3 - 3 Rangers (Forrester 29; O'Halloran 35; Miller 48)

The defending isn't great at times but because we usually only have Halliday for cover (or Ball when he plays the deeper role), teams do have the extra man for the second ball and in various games we've been punished. As long as we keep Forrester, O'Halloran, Holt and Miller up the park, we'll leave ourselves short. That's a gamble.

Three mins into injury time to win the league-------thats not a gamble,thats a major worry.

If we cant close the title down in injury time,its totally niave.It wont matter, but it was unprofessional.

The frustration is the defence was looking pretty solid for the first couple of months this season. Thought the centre backs were terrific against Dundee, for instance. But they've looked dreadful ever since. I don't think it's just a lack of bodies defending: there's been goals scored where everyone's pretty much stood and watched as crosses were put in.

It's not always a lack of bodies per se - just the bodies not being in the right positions or falling asleep when they are.

Imagine if we had Davie Weir (or Gough) marshalling this lot on the pitch rather than from the side - what a difference that would make. As much as I think Kiernan and Wilson (and Ball) have done all right for long periods (and are in the team for the passing ability/calmness on the ball), we really need experience in our defence. No-one is prepared to take responsibility for how we play there and that includes the keeper and the wing backs who also play their part but are often far too passive.

Millers goal looked on side,another one chopped off that should have stood.

On to Tuesday now,packed Ibrox and great atmosphere,winning the league title at home is going to be brilliant,party time indeed,looking forward to it

Three mins into injury time to win the league-------thats not a gamble,thats a major worry.

If we cant close the title down in injury time,its totally niave.It wont matter, but it was unprofessional.

It's how we play and the manager has said it often enough. And, for the most part, it's served us very well indeed.

We just need someone to take control in such situations and because we have a relatively inexperienced team, that will take time to arrive with these players. Experience is vital for next season - both in defence and midfield.

To think when MW&DW was appointed at the beginning of this season nobody had a clue how we were going to perform and yet we started the season at the top of the league and have maintained that right to the end of the season,with some great football being played and all that with a new team. Tuesday will be a fantastic night and rightly deserved for the management,players & especially us the fans,can't wait for Tuesday.

CfDOTaDWIAA-4oz.jpg

Edited by ian1964

I decided to watch BBC Scotlands results on the TV hoping to see the reaction if we'd won the league.

I kid you not when I say they said the SPFL Championship was still 'up for grabs'........��

they would just have ignored it.

I'd say that Matt Crooks will be vital for our defence next season, but I would like to see at least one more decent and quick CH join up. As well as some cover for both Tav and Wallace. Wilson has been somewhat disappointing in recent games ... and we should keep in mind that neither he nor Kiernan are exactly newbies - no matter the system we play. It is match day 31 (plus cup games) and you would expect they know how to cope with nigh any situation now. It is utterly pointless if we score 3 or 4 magnificent goals, yet undo that work late on with poor defending. Of course, some of the strikes they hit us with these last few weeks have been out of the fairy tale scrapbook of football, like Rovers' first today. Not much you can do or say about that, ... well, you would hope that we get one or two as well.

One just hopes that Rangers TV get everything into motion that the title party won't be a TV blackout for each and everyone.