[FT] Raith Rovers 3 - 3 Rangers (Forrester 29; O'Halloran 35; Miller 48)

It's not always a lack of bodies per se - just the bodies not being in the right positions or falling asleep when they are.

Imagine if we had Davie Weir (or Gough) marshalling this lot on the pitch rather than from the side - what a difference that would make. As much as I think Kiernan and Wilson (and Ball) have done all right for long periods (and are in the team for the passing ability/calmness on the ball), we really need experience in our defence. No-one is prepared to take responsibility for how we play there and that includes the keeper and the wing backs who also play their part but are often far too passive.

Of course. But we've not been throwing away points because we're too gung ho and leave too many players up field, the way Warburton teams are su posed to come undone. We've been doing it because everyone stands with their hands on their hips watching while opponents stroll past them to tap in open goals. Agree entirely on the lack of responsibility being taken. Has playing well for a few weeks convinced them they don't need to bother? Is a couple of months of good football all they've got in them? Has the Falkirk capitulation drained all their confidence?

While our defence is rank our midfield just dont track back enough for my liking. Halliday needs an eternity to get the ball under control and takes far too many touches in dangerous areas. He tracked back a couple of times today to win the ball but only after getting caught yet again in possession. I thought, third goal aside, he was poor again today.

My main concern is the managers substitutions. I just dont get it. Is he making them to give players game time because the last 3 games his use of them has been horrendous. They hinder us instead of helping us.

I think some of us need to chill a little.The journey is almost over after these four long years. We need to remember that at the start of this season there was only one priority this season which was to get promoted. That objective has all but been achieved with four of five games to spare.

At the start of the season did we expect to be in this position ? I didn't. We had a new manager & literally had to throw a team together in a very short space of time after the McCoist fiasco flopped so badly last season and all those players left. But the new players have generally all done very well and the squad will be strengthened further in the summer.

Regardless of what happens in the SC semi we should a try and relax a little. Not getting promotion this season would have been unthinkable but we have achieved what we set out to do. Let's look ahead with confidence.

Edited by RANGERRAB

Yet another instance of not being able to see a game,has happened too often with the games we have drawn,not acceptable.

Need Ball back in defence and Wilson to bench,Halliday woeful Tav not much better and surprisingly Foderingham seemed at fault for first two goals but redeemed himself in second half.

Drove up to game needless to say was quite peeved and journey home not enjoyable.

Never mind Tuesday should put or smiles back:rfcbouncy:

Edited by MacK1950

I was celebrating on the way out at 90mins, then had nip back up the wee stairs just to be upset. But joking aside the defence is a worry.

The end was like a roller-coaster mate, joy at Miller putting us 4-2 up only to see it get chalked off, then them getting the penalty was rubbing it in - Wes's save brought more glee, then they scored with the last kick. Fitba' - ye cannae whack it!

I think some of us need to chill a little.

Rab dispensing chill pills .....:seal:

The journey is almost over after these four long years. We need to remember that at the start of this season there was only one priority this season which was to get promoted. That objective has all but been achieved with four of five games to spare.

At the start of the season did we expect to be in this position ? I didn't. We had a new manager & literally had to throw a team together in a very short space of time after the McCoist fiasco flopped so badly last season and all those players left. But the new players have generally all done very well and the squad will be strengthened further in the summer.

Regardless of what happens in the SC semi we should a try and relax a little. Not getting promotion this season would have been unthinkable but we have achieved what we set out to do. Let's look ahead with confidence.

Agreed, beats the hell out what passed those last three years.