Rangers 1 - 0 Dumbarton: Back where we belong

Well, we didn't play all that well last night - McKay and Holt struggled in the first half especially which perhaps explained our lack of attacking fluency but the stats speak for themselves in terms of how we dominated the game. It's worth mentioning as well that as much as Dumbarton made no effort to attack (even at 0-1 down) they defended very well and we had literally no space to operate in for long periods.

I thought King was man of the match but last night was all about the collective - the team, the manager, the staff, the board and the fans all being on the same page throughout what has been an excellent season and one which should be giving us all confidence for the future.

We're back and, while there's still big steps to be taken, the foundation is there for a challenge to be made. Of course winning the Championship isn't something to shout all that loudly about but the broader picture is. Enjoy it.

Really enjoyed last night, even if it wasn't the greatest performance. McKay really didn't have his best night but given he's usually so consistent I'm none to worried. I really do prefer it when Ball is on the park but no goals conceded so that was a positive. Harry Forrester ran himself ragged again, I think he's great personally but sometimes runs himself in to trouble because his feet are too fast. I do feel that we can't always try to pass the ball in to the goal. Could see Tav getting frustrated about that and start crossing balls in and we looked more dangerous.

It's nice to know this part of the journey is over and now the hardest part begins which is to get back to the top of the table where we belong.

Fair play to Halliday, Waggy etc for joining in with the BF1 guys. They just don't stop singing ever, or bouncing.

Feel the pain:

By ANDREW SMITH

As Rangers prepare for the top flight following four years in the lower tiers following liquidation in 2012 that required them start again in the fourth tier, the midfielder maintained it was not getting carried away to set the highest targets.

Read more: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/rangers/rangers-andy-halliday-targets-premiership-title-next-season-1-4091823#ixzz451xxAURN

Follow us: @TheScotsman on Twitter | TheScotsmanNewspaper on Facebook

Feel the pain:

By ANDREW SMITH

As Rangers prepare for the top flight following four years in the lower tiers following liquidation in 2012 that required them start again in the fourth tier, the midfielder maintained it was not getting carried away to set the highest targets.

Read more: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/rangers/rangers-andy-halliday-targets-premiership-title-next-season-1-4091823#ixzz451xxAURN

Follow us: @TheScotsman on Twitter | TheScotsmanNewspaper on Facebook

Andrew H Smith, former Editor of ra Sellik News.

I suspect Andrew is now a cockney, he has dropped his 'H'.

Not a great game but that will all be forgotten about soon enough as we got the job done.

Personal opinion is nerves have took over the last few weeks which is understandable as we're a young team who haven't really experienced anything like this before.

The Petrofac Final could be a godsend in getting us used to Hampden and preparation for the Semi Final. Onwards and upwards.

I thought we were too narrow last evening. Continually, we got it wide and our wide players cut back in and recycled. When we did hit the bye-line, the ball across had the Son's back line toiling. Our goal came from hitting the bye-line.

I thought Billy King was man of the match, I hope we can keep him.

I thought we were too narrow last evening. Continually, we got it wide and our wide players cut back in and recycled. When we did hit the bye-line, the ball across had the Son's back line toiling. Our goal came from hitting the bye-line.

I thought Billy King was man of the match, I hope we can keep him.

Totally agree the amount of times McKay stopped and tried to pass the ball back was unbelievable.

Also regards King if I'm being honest I've not been overly impressed he's what we need for the Premiership and I wouldn't push the boat out on a fee for him.

Of course it wasn't about tonight's victory but the end of the beginning of the journey towards 55. I left bang on the FT whistle as I have never had any doubt about winning the title or the margin of victory (got the betting slips from July to prove it!!) and we have only achieved what we should have achieved.

You're obviously right about us expecting to win the league but that's no reason not to stay and say thanks to Warburton, Weir and the players for an enjoyable season with a better brand of football than any of us would have expected us to play this time last year. I felt the same as you with our last 2 promotions but last night was different.

It was also a celebration of the sp1vless Rangers.

Edited by Bluedell