Rangers 1 - 0 Dumbarton: Back where we belong

Not long back from the game and what a total anti-climax that was for a full house of expectant supporters. Dumbarton were predictably defensive with a back 10 and only Nade more than 25 yards from their goal and our play was so slow, sloppy, predictable that the game itself was a total snore-fest.

Of course it wasn't about tonight's victory but the end of the beginning of the journey towards 55. I left bang on the FT whistle as I have never had any doubt about winning the title or the margin of victory (got the betting slips from July to prove it!!) and we have only achieved what we should have achieved. The same goes for Sunday. As bad as we have been in the last few games since the SC SF draw was made, it appears our SF opponents are pretty poor too with another shocking display and result tonight at Dens going by media/Twitter so it may come down to who handles it better or who makes fewest mistakes.

One point for discussion - does anyone else think we are running on fumes now which could be as a result of this small squad and most players having made a lot of appearances in this (mostly) high tempo hard working side. Losing late goals, not creating as many good chances late in games, only really hitting top gear for 20-30 mins per game recently all points in this general direction. Not such a big issue as the league table shows a stroll to the title, and the goals scored column is also impressive, but I recall discussing this in August that I was expecting this fall-off to be inevitable if we continued with our high energy, high pressing, lots of movement style all season. Something else for the gaffer to reflect on for next season as we won't stroll to the title next year so we have to be just as energetic in the crucial run-in as at the start.

Just home my journey began at the ticket office at 08.45 in a massive queue and finally at 16.15 got e-mail from my son to say he had secured two season tickets.

There have been lots of ups and downs over the four years but finally we are back where we belong.

Now for the next two Sundays.:champs:

Not long back from the game and what a total anti-climax that was for a full house of expectant supporters. Dumbarton were predictably defensive with a back 10 and only Nade more than 25 yards from their goal and our play was so slow, sloppy, predictable that the game itself was a total snore-fest.

Of course it wasn't about tonight's victory but the end of the beginning of the journey towards 55. I left bang on the FT whistle as I have never had any doubt about winning the title or the margin of victory (got the betting slips from July to prove it!!) and we have only achieved what we should have achieved. The same goes for Sunday. As bad as we have been in the last few games since the SC SF draw was made, it appears our SF opponents are pretty poor too with another shocking display and result tonight at Dens going by media/Twitter so it may come down to who handles it better or who makes fewest mistakes.

One point for discussion - does anyone else think we are running on fumes now which could be as a result of this small squad and most players having made a lot of appearances in this (mostly) high tempo hard working side. Losing late goals, not creating as many good chances late in games, only really hitting top gear for 20-30 mins per game recently all points in this general direction. Not such a big issue as the league table shows a stroll to the title, and the goals scored column is also impressive, but I recall discussing this in August that I was expecting this fall-off to be inevitable if we continued with our high energy, high pressing, lots of movement style all season. Something else for the gaffer to reflect on for next season as we won't stroll to the title next year so we have to be just as energetic in the crucial run-in as at the start.

Tannoch I think you should have taken a couple of happy pills and gone to bed. Dumbarton had 8 players glued in their 16 meter area. There was totally no room in front of goal. I remember a weak Rangers team doing the same to Barcelona and they could not break us down. This was a game of 19 players playing in the pitch length of 30 meters. Even as part-timers they can crowd out the players in the box. This was just a difficult game. Surprised you never stayed for the lap of honour.

Just back home from the match,well done Rangers!,great football to watch all season and deserved our rightful place back in the top league,now just win our next two games and then we can look forward to the Scottish cup final.

Great feeling to be back in the top league after all that has been thrown at us,league title number 55 is going to be the best one ever!.

Thanks to MW & DW and all the players.

About two of the lads have played in front of an expectant 48k plus crowd before, about two have experienced something like tonight before in their careers. Wallace and Miller. Somesuch should never be forgotten.

As for the game, the Yellow Wall stood firm (and had to, because they were fighting for Championship survival), making it a dire game to watch. Stats show that we essentially pummeled them all eveing, which we did. Too elaborate at times, when you were screaming for people to shoot rather than pass again and again. But there you go, that style will not be one followed by that many Premiership teams.

Possession - 69-31 (more like 80-20, IMHO)

Shots at goal - 22-1

Shots on target - 13-1

Corners - 19-1

Now it is for recharging batteries, making sure that we secure our first (of what should have been four) Challenge Cup before taking on the Yahoos.