Rangers 1 - 0 Dumbarton: Back where we belong

Not long back from the game and what a total anti-climax that was for a full house of expectant supporters. Dumbarton were predictably defensive with a back 10 and only Nade more than 25 yards from their goal and our play was so slow, sloppy, predictable that the game itself was a total snore-fest.

Of course it wasn't about tonight's victory but the end of the beginning of the journey towards 55. I left bang on the FT whistle as I have never had any doubt about winning the title or the margin of victory (got the betting slips from July to prove it!!) and we have only achieved what we should have achieved. The same goes for Sunday. As bad as we have been in the last few games since the SC SF draw was made, it appears our SF opponents are pretty poor too with another shocking display and result tonight at Dens going by media/Twitter so it may come down to who handles it better or who makes fewest mistakes.

One point for discussion - does anyone else think we are running on fumes now which could be as a result of this small squad and most players having made a lot of appearances in this (mostly) high tempo hard working side. Losing late goals, not creating as many good chances late in games, only really hitting top gear for 20-30 mins per game recently all points in this general direction. Not such a big issue as the league table shows a stroll to the title, and the goals scored column is also impressive, but I recall discussing this in August that I was expecting this fall-off to be inevitable if we continued with our high energy, high pressing, lots of movement style all season. Something else for the gaffer to reflect on for next season as we won't stroll to the title next year so we have to be just as energetic in the crucial run-in as at the start.

I'm not sure where to start with this post tbh!,after all we have been through tonight was a special night,for me at least!,what it has got to do with the BHEASTS is beyond me?,can you not just join in on our promotion back into the top league?,back where we belong!.

Each to their own but it is clear we are a work in progress and we will only get better.

Great night tonight! Good to me a few of the guys from here! Just had a quick look on Twitter - and I there are some famous people and players talking about us tonight!

Well done Rangers! Back where we belong!

Pleasure to meet you mate,a good night all round!

Great feeling to be back in the top league after all that has been thrown at us,league title number 55 is going to be the best one ever!.

I don't mind admitting ian I was filled up at the end don't know how I kept myself crying my eyes out, could see by looking around me others (mostly old guys like myself) struggling too.

I think tissues will be the order of the day when it's 'The Big One' 55 we win.

Tannoch I think you should have taken a couple of happy pills and gone to bed. Dumbarton had 8 players glued in their 16 meter area. There was totally no room in front of goal. I remember a weak Rangers team doing the same to Barcelona and they could not break us down. This was a game of 19 players playing in the pitch length of 30 meters. Even as part-timers they can crowd out the players in the box. This was just a difficult game. Surprised you never stayed for the lap of honour.

We came out at the start of the second half with a much higher tempo, much better movement, and crisper passing. We got the goal and yet again after about 15 mins of this it went back to slow sideways passing. Dumbartons tactics were not a surprise but certainly their style was all about frustrating us. I agree with your Barca comments, we should have beaten them that night with a great chance at the death. What I would give for a centre half partnership of Weir & Cuellar now!

A bigger budget than all our 9 opponents put together, the best manager, best facilities, and best players means that anything less than a comfortable stroll to the title is failure IMO, so I don't see the need to be singing and dancing at managing to get across the line at this level a year late. I'm glad that those who stayed and enjoyed the post-match stuff had a great time. It seems a bit fake to me, or perhaps I have managed to retain my ambition for our club at a level I have previously enjoyed all over Scotland & Europe and have seen our "journey" back to the top flight as a huge hinderence to this. Now the real work begins and if we manage to win the title next year, that will be a celebration that will make tonight look like a wake.

I'm not sure where to start with this post tbh!,after all we have been through tonight was a special night,for me at least!,what it has got to do with the BHEASTS is beyond me?,can you not just join in on our promotion back into the top league?,back where we belong!.

Each to their own but it is clear we are a work in progress and we will only get better.

Sorry mate and not being a party pooper but I just can't get that enthused about winning this second tier title at the second attempt. In my mind it has been an absolute certainty all season long. I placed my biggest ever wager on us winning this title back in July and will be collecting a huge amount of cash over the next few days as a result of this (paying for a week in Vegas next year!) so I put my money where my mouth is and I am satisfied that our team got the job done with such little fuss, having led all season long.

Since 2012 for me it has all been about 55. Tonight brings that a bit closer. I have visited every ground in Scotland's lower tiers (apart from Albion Rovers!) along the way and won't miss any of them. Lower league football is shit and is unbecoming of a club our size. Im glad and relieved it is almost all over.

We came out at the start of the second half with a much higher tempo, much better movement, and crisper passing. We got the goal and yet again after about 15 mins of this it went back to slow sideways passing. Dumbartons tactics were not a surprise but certainly their style was all about frustrating us. I agree with your Barca comments, we should have beaten them that night with a great chance at the death. What I would give for a centre half partnership of Weir & Cuellar now!

A bigger budget than all our 9 opponents put together, the best manager, best facilities, and best players means that anything less than a comfortable stroll to the title is failure IMO, so I don't see the need to be singing and dancing at managing to get across the line at this level a year late. I'm glad that those who stayed and enjoyed the post-match stuff had a great time. It seems a bit fake to me, or perhaps I have managed to retain my ambition for our club at a level I have previously enjoyed all over Scotland & Europe and have seen our "journey" back to the top flight as a huge hinderence to this. Now the real work begins and if we manage to win the title next year, that will be a celebration that will make tonight look like a wake.

Jesus Tannoch that seems like you have no emotion for what has happened to us. Are you a local Bobby just there to keep the order? Knowing you on here for as long as you have been I know your heart has been bleeding but Your emotionless reply really surprises me.