...and if you know the History

No, this is not about that part of their History...sweep sweep..this about the other part.

gn20_1.png

The games in question were the two league fixtures of season 1949-50.

Rangers had knocked them out of the League Cup in the sectional ties earlier and they just couldn't take anymore. :D

For the record...they were instructed to play the games or face expulsion. Rangers won 4-0 and were held 1-1 in those matches...the title was secured by 1 point with Hibernian the runners-up....Those with the History finished in a commendable 5th place just two points behind East Fife.

My last game before immigrating to Holland was the 1980 cup final. While I am now totally proud of our support there was a large number that day that I have no respect for. That was the bottle throwers. The chance that they would hit a Celtic hooligan( Not that that would have justified it) on the field was zero so what they were doing was bombarding their own support with bottles. I was lucky as I could get behind a stanchion but many bears were taken away with head wounds. One of the worst experiences I have had at a football match.