Rangers supporters 'disgust' at touts trying to flog Scottish Cup semi final briefs.

Rangers supporters 'disgust' at touts trying to flog Scottish Cup semi final briefs for up to £600

21:29, 11 Apr 2016

Updated 21:30, 11 Apr 2016

By Ryan Thom , Chris Clements

ONE so-called fan tried to sell a £7 concession ticket for hundreds of pounds but was slammed for trying to con his fellow fans.

RANGERS fans have slammed ticket touts trying to flog briefs for the Scottish Cup semi-final against Celtic at vastly inflated prices.

Desperate supporters are being asked to pay as much as £600 on unofficial sites to see the clash at Hampden on Sunday.

One so-called fan named David Lindsay tried to punt a £7 concession ticket for hundreds of pounds.

But a supporter confronted him, saying: “Listen ya wee dafty, you better hope I don’t see you at the game. Punch f*** out you.”

Another seller, Billie Haston, told a potential customer he was looking for around £300.

But the would-be buyer said: “That’s basically conning your own fans. Am disgusted to say the least.”

Messages were posted on social media to deter fans from buying from ticket touts.

One poster, Alice Ralston, said: “Whoever you are. You are not a true Rangers supporter. We stick together, and don’t rip each other off.”

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-supporters-disgust-touts-trying-7735664#Jrf54Gd43EBZLIUc.99

Robb'n Barstewards

If you're not happy paying more than face value, then you don't pay it.

Putting your name into the draw when you have no intention of going is taking the chance away from good bears. That is bad enough but to make 200 quid + per ticket for doing it is criminal, (literally) I hope the police do scam operations and put the criminals away.

Leicester last game v Everton at home were going for up to 15k(no shit!) a pair on ssn this morning, they highlighted it! There is always going to be someone looking to make a quick buck. I once sold my ticket to a guy I used to work with for a game at the piggery, charged him a couple of beers!??. Personally I would feel ashamed ripping off another bear!

Edited by cooponthewing

the only time I have ever seen a tout actively punting tickets in person above face value at a Rangers game was at Tannadice c1989 when a win would clinch the title (Trever Steven header was enough to win it!). He had a stack of around 10 tickets and was looking for about £50 or so (cant remember the exact amount) for a ticket that was no more than a tenner.

One big burly bear went up to him, asked him to sell at face value or leave, was told to mind his own business, smacked him in the mouth and took all the tickets off him and just handed them out to bears who were looking for them. I dont advocate violence but this is some such time as it seemed the right thing to do. Plod never went near the incident.

Nowadays with Viagogo and similar, touting has been re-branded as re-selling and is part of the accepted norm for sporting events & concerts. I had 3 tickets for Lords for a test match that I bought in good faith as we were planning to go. A few weeks before the event it turned out we couldnt go, so I was hoping to get my money back by selling on viagogo. I followed their procedures and recommendations and made double what I paid for them. The system (although it worked for me on that ocassion) stinks but is completely legal. Something needs to be done.