Mr Warburton

A couple of years or so ago , after a meeting called by the Paul Murray , Jim McCollum group at the Grosvner hotel on Byrnes road ,( where I had the pleasure of meeting forlansister for the first time ) , I was interviewed by sky sports about the meeting , one point I made and strongly felt at that time was who ever gained control if they could harness the fans and get them truly behind the club again we would be unstoppable .

Roll on a year or so and my annual skiing trip with mates from down south , one in particular is a mad Brighton fan , but he kept talking about Brentford and the way they prayed football and this crazy manager /ex trader called Mark Warburton ,after that I started watching the championship and was blown away by the way they played , one game in particular stood out , away to Derby , now apart from the fact Derby were romping that league at the time I had also £50 on them to win , so it was with amazement that I watched this Brentford team dismantle them 3-0 , little did I realise what was to come , I think I even mentioned how good it would be if we could get him as out next manager on here .

Anyway , I have just finished watching his interview on the Rangers YouTube Chanel , he us amazing , his planning and preparation is beyond anything I have ever heard from any Rangers manager , never mind midweek , or next Saturday or the cup final , it's all about next season , getting the players back for June 8th and preparing to go harder next year , I'm sorry I'm a little drunk and full of man love for this guy.

Are we possibly in the next great era of our beloved club , if it isn't it won't be for lack of hard work .

Edited by rbr

Are we possibly in the next great era of our beloved club , if it isn't it won't be for lack of hard work .

Hope you are right rbr. Today was a huge step forward and payback for 4 years of crap from the lot on the other side of the City. Hopefully this is just the beginning.

Yesterday was great and was the first layer of icing on a solid construction of a cake that has been quickly but carefully prepared.

The most important thing is putting in place a solid structure with the right people in charge and the right mix of players that represent good value rather than 'overspend'. I can't think of anyone better than the current management team who would have been a better fit.

Yesterday was golden and surprised me as I had feared the game was going to be one too far given how limited our resources had become against a rival who would be up for the game. MW thought otherwise and marshalled what he had at his disposal as well as he could. His pre-match media pressers gave off just the right message to help boost what was a growing feeling that Celtic were the better side and simply had to turn up.............

MW&Co now have to organise the time and what players we have left thinking towards the SC Final.

In Mark we trust.

Memo to Mark:........... Well done and stay for a while longer

Lets not copy them and think we just have to turn up against Hibs to win the cup, In many senses it may be more difficult as we are no surprise to Hibs and they know how we play.

Lets not copy them and think we just have to turn up against Hibs to win the cup, In many senses it may be more difficult as we are no surprise to Hibs and they know how we play.

Very much so.

We have four league games left and need to avoid injury rather than win games.

We were down to bare bones yesterday without decent options on the bench and now have Ball suspended for the final. Waghorn may be back and I'd be playing Burt in the league to see if he's ready.

The talk has been of a 3 week break prior to the Final but when you think of it mentally, it's more a 5 week break and may not be easy to switch back on again. At the same time Hibs will have their own problems to deal with that will be more physical in nature.

Edited by buster.

Very much so.

We have four league games left and need to avoid injury rather than win games.

We were down to bare bones yesterday without decent options on the bench and now have Ball suspended for the final. Waghorn may be back and I'd be playing Burt in the league to see if he's ready.

The talk has been of a 3 week break prior to the Final but when you think of it mentally, it's more a 5 week break and may not be easy to switch back on again. At the same time Hibs will have their own problems to deal with that will be more physical in nature.

I don't think MW will allow them to switch off. His mentality has always been about "the next game" - doesn't matter if there are 2, 3 or 23 games to follow it....just focus on the NEXT game.