[FT] Hibs 3 - 2 Rangers (Holt 41; McKay 85)

I haven't seen even the highlights of the match yet. We lost, but all I can say is, so what ? After the effort expended last Sunday I'd think our relatively small squad can be excused not being on top form. The league is won and we have a final to look forward to. Naturally I want Rangers to win every single match we are involved in but to be honest I couldn't care less if we lose all our remaining game as long as we beat Hivs in the cup final.

We will improve close season and be better prepared for next season. That is far more important to me and I'm looking forward already.

I'm sorry if that maybe upsets some but that's my honest thought.

On, halloran looks wasted out wide , some may say lost , either would do , but he ain't doing it

Gives the impression he's struggling to adapt to our style of play, there appears to be less interaction between O'Halloran and Tavenier than there is with others when playing in that position.

He's barely used his pace in a Rangers shirt perhaps he's too far forward when receiving the ball also we tend to play the ball direct to him and not in front of him to run on to.

Gives the impression he's struggling to adapt to our style of play, there appears to be less interaction between O'Halloran and Tavenier than there is with others when playing in that position.

He's barely used his pace in a Rangers shirt perhaps he's too far forward when receiving the ball also we tend to play the ball direct to him and not in front of him to run on to.

Hopefully a good pre-season will see him adapt - there is certainly a player in there - MW needs to find a way to bring it out of him.

Could actually be better suited to being the "10", playing in behind a striker - would allow him to time his runs beyond the striker and with little chance of a defender reacting quickly enough to track him.

I haven't seen even the highlights of the match yet. We lost, but all I can say is, so what ? After the effort expended last Sunday I'd think our relatively small squad can be excused not being on top form. The league is won and we have a final to look forward to. Naturally I want Rangers to win every single match we are involved in but to be honest I couldn't care less if we lose all our remaining game as long as we beat Hivs in the cup final.

We will improve close season and be better prepared for next season. That is far more important to me and I'm looking forward already.

I'm sorry if that maybe upsets some but that's my honest thought.

I doubt it upsets anyone. The only thing I found a bit strange was us not giving the folk of Sunday a rest and play the "second string" from the start. Maybe that is not in MW's system ... or, as I intimated, he wanted to give Hibs some respect. I haven't watched much of it, but even from the "said" 50% power applied yesterday, we had enough opportunities to draw or even win the game. Bad marking and a goalkeeping error cost us. But that's sport. I had almost forgotten about Tav's rather freak o.g. earlier on in the season, but remembered it when I saw Foderingham's o.g.. Alas, it seems that Hibs still needed our help to snatch the points ...

O'Halloran ... was used to the counter-attacking football St. Johnstone applied. Now he is required to break down the brick walls, as we hardly have these quick-break moments. We might utilize him more often next season, when teams play more open football.

Edited by der Berliner

I think Tavernier's been playing a lot further up the park and not just on the right

I don't see MOH being a hit for us. NO side in Scotland (given our display on Sunday) will try to open up against us now, and consequently leave any room in behind their back line. He doesn't have tricks to overcome that. He needs space to run into and without it he is nullified. He also doesn't have a great football brain (all very similar to Billy King) so doesn't do combination play very well with the full backs supporting. King doesn't compliment Wallace, and its no coincidence Tav has a poor game when MOH is playing. Wallace and Tav love combining with McKay because he has a football brain, and knows how to lift his head and find the pass. MOH and BK are not conducive to our style IMHO.

Edited by Anchorman