Celtic signing Scott Allan underlines chaos at Parkhead...

theres no chance in hell hes coming to us. He's made his bed and he'll be there until a championship side take a punt on him. Less than 5 full games worth of time on the park for them, serves him right. He'd have got game time with us and would be pushing the Scotland squad id imagine, his loss, but he'll look at his balance and not care one bit

Personally, I think we won a watch in the whole Scott Allan saga because the lad is over-hyped and over-rated.

I certainly wouldn't be interested in us spending any money on him.

Sorry the whole saga stinks and the scum can keep him,if he is on good money as said he can keep on earning it and sue them if they end his contract.

In fact all of the excess players should do the same thing and not let the scum recoup a penny on them.

I personally think it's sad that a young guy with a potentially decent career in front of him either took some bad advice or was easily swayed in to make a terrible move. I take no glee from it. I'm sure he knows very well the fuck up he's made. Hadn't he and his missus just had a baby? Good money is always welcome at a time like that. So yes, he's getting paid well but if he actually likes football, he won't be enjoying himself.

Would he have worked well at us? Who knows, I'm not overly upset he isn't here but I've not got it in me to hate him either.

Buying Allan for approx 300K made sense for Celtic but sending him out on loan to a Dundee or Motherwell type of team and 20/30 first team games would have been better for his development. You have a player that could appreciate substantially in value but not if you keep him and he gets lost in a sea of midfielders.

Buying Allan for approx 300K made sense for Celtic but sending him out on loan to a Dundee or Motherwell type of team and 20/30 first team games would have been better for his development. You have a player that could appreciate substantially in value but not if you keep him and he gets lost in a sea of midfielders.

why would they do that? Allan is 24. What further development could/should he need?

why would they do that? Allan is 24. What further development could/should he need?

You're right, Rab. By 24 he should be pretty much developed but he and his various coaches have not made best use of time so far.

cs is also right. Development never ends unless you're Franco Baresi.

Tavernier 24, Waghorn 26, and Halliday 24 have all developed further under Warburton. So age is not a barrier to further development

Developed or flourished under a better manager in a better set up?

The yahoos signed Allan to stop us getting him. Only problem was they didn't need him & their manager hadn't seen enough of him to risk him