The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

I find it incredible you think that one signing for Celtic has somehow turned our transfer window dealing into something awful.. The reason we have added "older" players to the squad is purely because last season we barely had any. We need that balance of seasoned professionals, Warburton even commented on it himself, he feels like if we had that last season we could of had that better mentality towards the end of the season after we won the title.

I think we have a great balance in the squad. With the ever growing use of Sports science we have seen players go longer and longer in their careers, I remember not long ago when you were 32-33 you were finished, getting your pension from a lower league club and retiring. Simply not the case anymore.

Warburton has said himself he won't get it right all the time. Don't forget it is not that long ago we got rid of Andy Webster. Do we need a look-a-like

Of course every signing won't be a success,regardless of age or price!,such is the nature of football,but how could you possibly know if any player is a success or failure if he hasn't played?,one thing we have all learned about the management is how meticulous they are regarding signings!,even then there will still be the odd fail. It is quite disrespectful to be writing the players off, and management!,when he hasn't even signed!

I don't think any management is immune from valid criticism and signing too many older players is a worry for any fan. Personally, I like a balance throughout the ages, as it brings a blend of enthusiastic, energetic, developing youth, players at their peak, and older players, with experience, temperament and wisdom.

However, I don't like it when it becomes too unbalanced with too many youths or too many older players - and for either, I think they need to bring a certain amount of exceptional ability.

Keepers are a different animal, especially when they are the second goaly - as they don't get much game time and so young players are unsuited as they need development. For that, an older, very experienced keeper who has done it all at a high level, has nothing else to prove, and just wants to extend his career at a big club, it's perfect.

Outfield players, really need to bring something extra to the table.

Edited by calscot

I find it incredible you think that one signing for Celtic has somehow turned our transfer window dealing into something awful.. The reason we have added "older" players to the squad is purely because last season we barely had any. We need that balance of seasoned professionals, Warburton even commented on it himself, he feels like if we had that last season we could of had that better mentality towards the end of the season after we won the title.

I think we have a great balance in the squad. With the ever growing use of Sports science we have seen players go longer and longer in their careers, I remember not long ago when you were 32-33 you were finished, getting your pension from a lower league club and retiring. Simply not the case anymore.

They have wasted huge amounts of money on failed signings!,more failures and wasted cash than any other team in Scotland!,yet our squad is coming along nicely I would say

Warburton has said himself he won't get it right all the time. Don't forget it is not that long ago we got rid of Andy Webster. Do we need a look-a-like

As I said, we have no clue about his fitness levels. If he turns out to be someone of the build of Andrews and the quality of Weir, I not exactly mind the age right now.

As I said, we have no clue about his fitness levels. If he turns out to be someone of the build of Andrews and the quality of Weir, I not exactly mind the age right now.

I do think we are still in the middle of a transitional phase - we need to compete with Celtic immediately, and once again, that gets in the way of squad building and development.

For those willing to check on our squad for next season every now and then, have a look ...

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/glasgow-rangers/kadernaechstesaison/verein/124

Right now we have 5 players (in 23) who are older than 30, with Gilks the goalie and Hill at CH probably not regular starters. How Miller and Krancjar settle in is anyone's guess. Average age is 25,3 %.

For those willing to check on our squad for next season every now and then, have a look ...

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/glasgow-rangers/kadernaechstesaison/verein/124

Right now we have 5 players (in 23) who are older than 30, with Gilks the goalie and Hill at CH probably not regular starters. How Miller and Krancjar settle in is anyone's guess. Average age is 25,3 %.

Thanks dB, interesting...Fraser Aird is worth the same as Andy Halliday, worth more than Jason Holt and twice as much more than Barrie McKay?

Get him sold NOW! :D

No does that make a difference? He is still 34 and not played for years.

Ally and Kenny or MW and SDOW to judge a player ........... "does that make a difference" ........ eh absolutely. I know who I'd trust given their past on judging and signing players.

Regardless of how agents work I think you are completely disrespecting the knowledge and level of work that our new management have put in place when it comes to actually offering anyone a contract.