The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

Ally and Kenny or MW and SDOW to judge a player ........... "does that make a difference" ........ eh absolutely. I know who I'd trust given their past on judging and signing players.

Regardless of how agents work I think you are completely disrespecting the knowledge and level of work that our new management have put in place when it comes to actually offering anyone a contract.

I agree that if the management team make a measured decision to use some of our limited resources on giving a player a contract it hasn't been some off the top of the head ill conceived whim. We have to trust the judgement of these men who managed to hastily cobble together in 3 weeks last year a team which delivered so much.

Given the amount of deliberation that has gone into all recent signings i'm confident such a man as Mr Warburton has proven to be knows exactly what he is doing.

Thanks dB, interesting...Fraser Aird is worth the same as Andy Halliday, worth more than Jason Holt and twice as much more than Barrie McKay?

Get him sold NOW! :D

These are base values, pending on country, league, games played, age, length of contract and the like. It does not involve any sort of market value in terms of demand and willingness to letting him go. Hence, we can demand 2m for Barrie and sell him only if someone meets that fee. Or we send Bell away for nothing if it suits us better. In any case, "market value" is the least important info on TM

Edited by der Berliner

The Daily Mail are claiming that Barnsley have had a bid of £350,000 rejected by Walsall for striker Tom Bradshaw.

Barnsley seem reluctant to spend more than £400,000 for Bradshaw however Millwall, Preston, Rotherham, Rangers and Birmingham are rumoured to want the Welsh striker.

Bradshaw has scored forty one goals in eighty five appearances for the Saddlers and is one of the most wanted strikers outside the Premier League.

The Saddlers striker has twelve months left on his current deal.

Read more: http://www.walsall.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=451127#ixzz4D0eeLLLY

Got a text from a mate telling me we are signing a right back from Kilmarnock purely for cover, a Northern Irish boy. No idea who that is.

His info comes via a well known agent.

Edit: only one I can find is Lee Hodson who was on loan to Killie I believe.

I'll bank this source as decent then ..............

Apparently this lad has just signed a 3 yr deal with Man City :shock:

Edited by craig

6ft striker...just what we need I think. MW has learned quickly that a punt into the box can be a powerful weapon.

I read an interview where Windass said that Crooks is around 6ft 4in and i'm guessing that in most matches it will be the same as last season. Swarming forward in packs and I would think he could get himself into position to receive a cross and either go for goal himself or make knock downs for Waghorn and Miller to get on the end of. Step up O'Halloran to hopefully supply such crosses.

And talking of Crooks the last I heard he was still injured. Is that still the case? If so what sort of injury are we looking at here? Is he going to be ready in time for the first match?

I read an interview where Windass said that Crooks is around 6ft 4in and i'm guessing that in most matches it will be the same as last season. Swarming forward in packs and I would think he could get himself into position to receive a cross and either go for goal himself or make knock downs for Waghorn and Miller to get on the end of. Step up O'Halloran to hopefully supply such crosses.

And talking of Crooks the last I heard he was still injured. Is that still the case? If so what sort of injury are we looking at here? Is he going to be ready in time for the first match?

Crooks is training with the team now.

Edited by Waltersgotstyle