The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

Rangers sign duo

Rangers have completed the signings of Amin Abaradan Bouzaig and Joachim Claufice Ursene Mouanda.

Bouzaig joins from Spanish outfit Puerto Malagueno Ciudad Jardin and Mouanda joins from New Hartley Juniors.

It would seem they are development signings.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/transfer-deadline-day-live-with-8738431

Rearding post 2310

... or you do it like the Swiss and have them learn three languages at once, trying to get the best out of the formation age.

Sidenote, over here you start learning English (and/or French / Russian / Spanish) at school from the 5th class (sometimes 3rd) onwards - i.e aged 6 to 10. Thus a kid attending school till the 10th or 13th class has a decent amount of English at the ready, not least in this day and age.

Edited by der Berliner

EDIT to the youngsters signed:

Young Maltese left back Myles Beerman has also joined from Manchester City.

+ + +

Chelsea now have 37 players out on loan. You read that right, 37. :shifty:

Edited by der Berliner

Ursene Mouanda played in a couple of pre season games - Holding midfielder and looked decent - joined from County Durham Boys Club New Hartley Juniors.

Amin Abaradan Bouzaig also played pre-season - a winger, did okay without excelling

Myles Beerman played in a game at Ibrox at the end of last season as a winger (not full-back) - showed some good skills.

Having made that decision I think I am well placed to give a good insight into the pro's and cons of making that move, Firstly it depends on where you move to. I moved to Holland where many people speak English to a reasonable level. If you move to a country like France, Spain, Italy, Germany or Greece, to name a few, you have to realise that very few people on the street can speak English. You will get British TV over the satellite as far as Spain but further than that you will be dependant on local language TV. In Holland the English programmes are in English with Dutch subtitles but in Germany and in most countries I think you will find the English programmes are dubbed into the local language. The problem is not when you are at work it is when you are at home looking at four walls and not even being able to understand the telly. Then even the BBC world service seems interesting. Because a wife mostly does not have work to go to, it is normally far more difficult for her to have a social life and she is stuck at home looking at those 4 walls. This is the biggest reason I see for guy's heading back to Britain is because their wives get homesick.

I think you can put families into 2 categories. Young Children and older Children. Young Children are mostly still under their mothers apron and learn Languages very easily especially if they go to a local school so they will have no problem adapting to their new environment. Older Children will have much more difficulty having to leave school and all their friends and finding it difficult to go to a school where nobody speaks their language which makes finding friends far more difficult. I would imagine, most on a short term contract with older Children will leave their families at home and just travel home every few weeks to see their families like Warburton does. Most players or other contractors working from Britain will probably have flight payment built in to their contracts.

There are of course also cultural differences which makes it even harder to adapt. In western European lands they are not so great but Greece, Turkey etc. have a completely different culture to us and that makes it far more difficult. I would imagine Lesscot must be earning a hell of a lot more in Athens to want to turn down Rangers and move to a land with a different language and different culture. He will have slightly better weather of course.:)

It may also be easier to pick up a language when nobody does speak English as my biggest problem when trying to learn Dutch was that everyone wanted to speak English to me. Up until I lived in Holland for about 15 years I still got homesick at times. It is not as easy as some think to move abroad.

The biggest cultural difference I had with the Dutch was not waiting in Queues. Even to this day I get pissed off when instead of forming a line for a bus it is a free for all when the bus comes. In a busy pub people just push their way to the front and who can shout the loudest often get served first. When they open a new cash register in the supermarket it is often the ones at the back of the Queue that are the first to push their way forward.

Three years ago I immigrated to Germany from Holland. I only moved 12 Kilometers into Germany but even then there is a huge cultural difference. The Germans are far more rigid and old fashioned than the Dutch. I only speak a little German and understand about 40% because of my Dutch. I don't really have the enthusiasm to study German and only watch Dutch and British TV so learning German is going very slow. I still enjoy where I live but I do get embarrassed that I can't even answer people or chat to them in the street.

Wednesday, 31 August 2016, 23:00

by Rangers Football Club

http://rangers.co.uk/news/academy-news/academy-transfer-roundup-2/

RANGERS ACADEMY can confirm the addition of four new players to the ranks today including two youth internationalists.

Finnish wide player Serge Atakayi joins the Academy from FF JARO until 2019. The youngster is a youth international and will play for the U19 national side against Romania next week.

The seventeen year old, who was born in the Democratic Republic of Congo, has experience at first team level in Finland and is among the youngest players ever to score in senior football in the country.

He has also had trial periods with English Premier League champions Leicester city and Fulham.

Also joining the Academy is seventeen year old Myles Beerman from Manchester City, signing with the club until 2018.

The Maltese youngster is left sided and can play at both left back and left wing. He will also represent his country this coming week, playing for Malta against Belgium on Friday.

Nineteen year old attacker Amin Bouzaig has also joined the Academy signing from Puerto Malagueno in Spain until May 2017.

Finally, joining the club until January 2017, is eighteen year old midfielder Ursene Mouanda from New Hartley Juniors in the North East of England.

All players will join up with the Rangers Academy and each transfer is subject to FIFA approval and international clearance.

Edited by pete

To better themselves not live in their wee protected bubble , if you look at his playing record over the last 5 seasons it's horrendous, plus he was getting labeled as mentally weak at Arsenal ,many of his injuries a normal player would have been back in weeks not months. Yet another example of a player bottling it, it's up there with Tom Ince tuning down Inter Milan to sign for Hull .

It's not solely down to him. We seem to expect players to move wherever we deem appropriate, yet with little consideration for family. I know the Mail & Sun like to proclaim wags live a life doing nothing but for most that isn't true. Plenty of player other halves have their own jobs/careers. Then add in kids.

But yeah, he's just lazy. Nothing to do with him possibly having consideration for other people than just himself.