The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

RANGERS manager Mark Warburton says they will sign another player this week and bring in two or three more before the end of the transfer window.

The Gers set off for their pre-season training camp in Charleston, USA today but Warburton revealed before his departure that they will continue to strengthen the squad.

Seven players, including Joey Barton and Niko Kranjcar, have already signed for the Ibrox club this summer, but they are still a few men short according to their boss.

The player who is close to signing won't travel to the States though, as he has been playing at the European Championships in France.

"We hope to bring in one more this week, but (he won't travel to the USA), he's been away at the Euros," Warburton told Sky Sports.

“We’ve brought a few in so far and have two or three more to come so hopefully by the end of this window we will be in good shape.

“We’ve lost eight players. Dom Ball and Gedion Zelalem have gone back so we’ve lost a number of players.

“We hope for a couple more over the next couple of weeks and that should get the job done.

“The team have worked really hard with the board and the boys have come in early. If we get them in quickly it allows us to bed them in and be ready for August 6.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/14582481.Mark_Warburton__Rangers_hope_to_make_another_signing_this_week/

Actually, the odds have started on Will Griggs joining up, even though he has only been linked to Hull, Leeds and the Scum thus far. He's got a contract at Wigan till 2018 though.

He hit 20 goals in 44 appearances for MK Dons in the 2014-2015 Championship. I would say that's an impressive strike rate for a player in a team that finished 23rd and were relegated. Then went on to hit 25 for Wigan in 40 appearances 2015-2016. Again an impressive strike rate.

My one issue with MW is his love of the loan system. We should be big enough now to have our own contracted players; different when we were in the championship.

Totally agree but in fairness he hasn't signed any yet.

I could handle 1 or 2 if they are good I suppose.

He hit 20 goals in 44 appearances for MK Dons in the 2014-2015 Championship. I would say that's an impressive strike rate for a player in a team that finished 23rd and were relegated. Then went on to hit 25 for Wigan in 40 appearances 2015-2016. Again an impressive strike rate.

He played for MK Dons in League One, not the Championship; but I still think that's a good strike rate in a competitive league.

Actually, the odds have started on Will Griggs joining up, even though he has only been linked to Hull, Leeds and the Scum thus far. He's got a contract at Wigan till 2018 though.

I like Grigg as a player but Warburton had him at Brentford and loaned him to MK Dons so either didn't fancy him or put him on loan to get games a lá Hardie, Thompson etc. Wigan paid £1m for him last summer and given his 25 goals last season I think they'd be looking to double their money at least before selling.

Is he a better player than Bradshaw? Would Bradshaw cost less?