The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

Ex-Rangers Media man Herron was the quickest ... and he's there with the team

Rangers to make seventh signing on Wednesday with right-back: Centre-back on trial too

RIGHT-BACK Lee Hodson will today become the seventh summer capture by Rangers, who have also taken American central defender Oguchi Onyewu on trial.

By Lindsay Herron in Charleston PUBLISHED: 22:30, Tue, Jun 28, 2016 | UPDATED: 22:54, Tue, Jun 28, 2016

Hodson, who was an unused member of Northern Ireland’s Euro 2016 squad, helped Kilmarnock remain in the Premiership last season when on loan from MK Dons. The 24-year-old previously worked with Ibrox manager Mark Warburton at both Watford and Brentford.

Hodson will not join up with Rangers’ squad at their South Carolina training base, where Onyewu is trying to clinch a deal. The 34-year-old has been without a club since leaving Charlton in May 2015 but has previously been on the books of AC Milan, Standard Liege and Sporting Lisbon.

Warburton said: “Oguchi is someone we have been told about by Niko Kranjcar’s agent. We will see how he gets on.

“This is the first time I have seen him. He will need the first couple of days to acclimatise in terms of the pace of the session and getting to know the boys.

“We are having a look at him physically in terms of his shape and dealing with the technical level.

“He’s very promising. He has suffered some injuries in the past and maybe hasn’t realised his potential yet.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/684311/Rangers-Lee-Hodson-SPL-Signing-Transfer-News-Oguchi-Onyewu-Trial-Mark-Warburton-News

.Warburton said: “Oguchi is someone we have been told about by Niko Kranjcar’s agent. We will see how he gets on.

“This is the first time I have seen him. He will need the first couple of days to acclimatise in terms of the pace of the session and getting to know the boys.

“We are having a look at him physically in terms of his shape and dealing with the technical level.

“He’s very promising. He has suffered some injuries in the past and maybe hasn’t realised his potential yet.

He's 34 ffs!...crap journalism again in focus.

My exclusive: The Express quote people without actually meeting them!

Edited by Bearman

I find this very depressing. Celtic have just signed a 19 year old with bags of potential for a reasonable fee and we are looking at a 34 year old that has hardly kicked a ball for years.

All of a sudden we are looking like the rest place for dying swans.

Edited by pete

I find this very depressing. Celtic have just signed a 19 year old with bags of potential for a reasonable fee and we are looking at a 34 year old that has hardly kicked a ball for years.

All of a sudden we are looking like the rest place for dying swans.

And a few weeks back we signed a 19 year old with bags of potential for a reasonable fee.

rossiterrangerscrop.jpg

And a few weeks back we signed a 19 year old with bags of potential for a reasonable fee.

rossiterrangerscrop.jpg

I agree but I have not seen that Celtic are interested in a 34 year o;d that has hardly played for years.

The manager appears to be making some signings with an eye on the coming season alone. If Oguchi could do a one season job for us which got us to the title i'm fine with that.

Someone like him could be just the experience we need to launch from the bench in the latter stages of a match we are winning to make sure it stays that way.

The manager appears to be making some signings with an eye on the coming season alone. If Oguchi could do a one season job for us which got us to the title i'm fine with that.

Someone like him could be just the experience we need to launch from the bench in the latter stages of a match we are winning to make sure it stays that way.

I would have thought that that was the reason for bringing in Hill. Not sure that you could have a partnership of Hill and Oguchi without playing incredibly deep to avoid being exploited for pace. If we did, we would definitely need a defensive midfielder who never goes over the halfway line!

Lindsay Herron is a former Rangers Media Department chap. He will be closer to the club than many many others. As GS said, it could be that we do him a favor and words like the above are part of that. If he's fit enough, he sure has a few years in him. (Not that this is any news ... )