The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

I find this very depressing. Celtic have just signed a 19 year old with bags of potential for a reasonable fee and we are looking at a 34 year old that has hardly kicked a ball for years.

All of a sudden we are looking like the rest place for dying swans.

Did you think the same when C****c signed Craig Gordon?,he hadn't played for two years!.

Edited by ian1964

Addon to the interview re Oguchi Onyewu ...

“Oguchi is someone we have been told about by Niko Kranjcar’s agent. We are having a look at him in training and will see how he gets on,” said Warburton to the Daily Mail.

“This is the first time I have seen him and he will need the first couple of days to acclimatise in terms of the pace of the session and getting to know the boys.

“I don’t now what he’s been doing over the last year. He’s just one that was mentioned to us to look at and he’s very promising.

“He’s suffered injuries in the past and maybe hasn’t realised his potential. He looks like an athlete.

“I wouldn’t mind having a build like that. He’s got a great pedigree and it’s a position we are looking to strengthen.

“I will look at him for 10 days then say. “Thanks very much” and see what happens. If he does well then great, fantastic,” added Warburton.

The 34-year-old has represented his country 67 times after making his debut in 2004.

The powerful defender has vast experience playing in the Premier League, Champions League and Europa League and has also starred in seven different countries over his career.

http://www.footballinsider247.com/confirmed-former-ac-milan-defender-in-training-with-rangers/

I expect we are doing his agent a favour. Always a good idea.

Plus we get a look. He once was a good player and top prospect.

Rangers are not in the business of doing agents favours. If he can sell a 34 year old player who has hardly played in years he will be laughing up his sleeve and running to the bank with a nice wee bonus.

Rangers are not in the business of doing agents favours. If he can sell a 34 year old player who has hardly played in years he will be laughing up his sleeve and running to the bank with a nice wee bonus.

Keeping agents sweet is very much part of our business and a sensible one. Vital infact

Maybe we leave the decision on whether this chap is up to match fitness to someone who sees him in person?

Are you forgetting it's not Ally and Kenny in charge now?

Did you think the same when C****c signed Craig Gordon?,he hadn't played for two years!.

No because it didn't really bother me. Rangers do though. A goalkeeper is also different from an outfield player. 34 is not that old for a keeper.

No because it didn't really bother me. Rangers do though. A goalkeeper is also different from an outfield player. 34 is not that old for a keeper.

I think our management team are more capable than you,or any of us fans, to decide who is good enough to play for Rangers though!,don't you?

I think our management team are more capable than you,or any of us fans, to decide who is good enough to play for Rangers though!,don't you?

Warburton has said himself he won't get it right all the time. Don't forget it is not that long ago we got rid of Andy Webster. Do we need a look-a-like