The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

You have got this spot on. Man City have only "bought" these players to get them off the wage bill at Melbourne. This type of stuff is exactly why there should be absolutely no dual ownership of football teams worldwide.

In principle, absolutely. In this case? It really doesn't matter too much as it's not as if they will ever play each other in a competitive match. It is unfair on the other A-League sides, however.

In principle, absolutely. In this case? It really doesn't matter too much as it's not as if they will ever play each other in a competitive match. It is unfair on the other A-League sides, however.

'Sporting Integrity' is purely a Scottish concept then!

In any case, our midfield is loaded right now, and Mooy is a central midfielder. How much game time could we offer him, unless he is the next best thing since the invention of toast bread?

Sidenote, anyone in the know what the case with Andy Murdoch is? Not in the US squad and no info elsewhere.

In any case, our midfield is loaded right now, and Mooy is a central midfielder. How much game time could we offer him, unless he is the next best thing since the invention of toast bread?

Sidenote, anyone in the know what the case with Andy Murdoch is? Not in the US squad and no info elsewhere.

I would not be surprised to see Murdoch turn up at Bradford...

RANGERS target Matthew Knox is set for a switch to the English Championship with several clubs preparing moves for the Livingston starlet with one concrete offer expected later today.

The Ibrox side had a £75,000 bid rejected by the Lions last season after the 16-year-old impressed during a trial with Rangers but the West Lothian side value their prize asset at least double that amount.

Knox burst onto the scene last term after making his debut just four days after his 16th birthday before impressing during seven appearances for David Hopkin’s side and the youngster has already had training stints with Manchester United , Liverpool, Spurs, Everton and Nottingham Forest.

Rangers are expected to increase their offer for the youngster but a bid of £200,000 which includes incentives and add-ons will be enough to prise the player south.

Rob Casey/SNS Group

Knox was unfazed during his trial spell with Rangers last season.

He said: "“I try not to pinch myself and think about where I am, I try and just get on with things and take it in my stride.

“So much has happened for me over the last few months, I’ve been training with some of the biggest clubs in the world and it’s been brilliant to see what these clubs are really like.

“I’m being honest when I say that it doesn’t really bother me.

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-set-miss-out-livingston-8324227#qPbMsPPT0Q7X5LqZ.99

If we did offer as much as 75K for a 16 year old it shows we rate Knox highly but I guess if the price goes into 6 figures and some then the gamble will be for somebody else.

Looks like being a good timely deal for a Livingston in financial bother.

I liked him.

I watched him training with the U20's at Auchenhowie whilst out on loan last season and his hunger, drive and determination to improve was palpable. A genuinely good lad by all accounts and one who is a born winner. Not sure he quite has what is needed under MW but with a strong pre-season hopefully he impresses enough to be considered for more game time. IMHO, potentially a long-term replacement for Barton.

To be honest I rated Rhys McCabe as a better prospect - but that ship sailed a long time ago.