The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

I watched him training with the U20's at Auchenhowie whilst out on loan last season and his hunger, drive and determination to improve was palpable. A genuinely good lad by all accounts and one who is a born winner. Not sure he quite has what is needed under MW but with a strong pre-season hopefully he impresses enough to be considered for more game time. IMHO, potentially a long-term replacement for Barton.

To be honest I rated Rhys McCabe as a better prospect - but that ship sailed a long time ago.

Mcabe looked better technically but yeah agreed on murdoch.

Was our best player in a tough time under super.

I watched him training with the U20's at Auchenhowie whilst out on loan last season and his hunger, drive and determination to improve was palpable. A genuinely good lad by all accounts and one who is a born winner. Not sure he quite has what is needed under MW but with a strong pre-season hopefully he impresses enough to be considered for more game time. IMHO, potentially a long-term replacement for Barton.

To be honest I rated Rhys McCabe as a better prospect - but that ship sailed a long time ago.

Doesn't have a future with us by the looks of it though.

Jordon Thompson is two years younger and is training with the first team.

Edited by Waltersgotstyle

Doesn't have a future with us by the looks of it though.

Jordon Thompson is two years younger and is training with the first team.

Renato Sanches (Portugal) is 7 months younger than Jordan Thompson.

Renato Sanches (Portugal) is 7 months younger than Jordan Thompson.

Indeed. And he too doesn't have a future with us! :devil:

NB: And we'll see whether the Euro 35m Bayern threw at his former club recently will be validated.

Edited by der Berliner

Oh, and while we are at it ... sit down and dispair! We've been beaten by Peterborough United for the signature of Matthew Stevens!

Rangers given emphatic answer in pursuit of 56-goal striker after talks

By Alex Stevens

Rangers have lost out to Peterborough in their pursuit of prolific striker Mathew Stevens, it was confirmed on Friday.

Mark Warburton was keen on bringing Barnet striker Stevens to Rangers after his contract with the League Two club expired.

But Peterborough announced on their official website on Friday that they had won the race to land the 18-year-old and that he had signed a three-year contract.

Stevens was targeted by a number of Football League clubs in England following his prolific form at youth-team level.

The striker scored 56 goals for the Barnet in all competitions in the 2015-16 season, including youth team, Under-21s matches and senior matches.

The Peterborough Evening Telegraph reported that Rangers closely followed the teenager as they attempted to add to their ranks of players from England, including new signings Joey Barton and Jordan Rossiter.

Post manager Grant McCann told the Peterborough website: “Matty has been scoring a lot of goals for Barnet in their under 21s and will be one for the future for us.

“He is an excellent finisher and I am delighted to add him to the group. He is only a youngster so he has plenty of time and I am looking forward to working with him and helping him develop.”

The young forward, who scored two goals in 12 first team appearances for Barnet this season, is not a free transfer as the Londoners are due a compensation fee for the player’s training costs.

http://www.footballinsider247.com/rangers-given-emphatic-answer-in-pursuit-of-striker/

The inquisition should start today! How can it be that Peterborough United, PETERBOROUGH UNITED!!!, can snap up a player from under our very noses. Indefensible! Someone must go! Really.

Let's start with that particular rumour monger down south!

`Were we not linked to Robson-Kanu. I hope we still are but I doubt we can afford him after today.

Wales have Portugal, theres absolutely no reason they cant get to the final and Kanu has been great for them. We're never gonna match the wages hes gonna get offered

Wales have Portugal, theres absolutely no reason they cant get to the final and Kanu has been great for them. We're never gonna match the wages hes gonna get offered

Yes agree, that is also what I meant he will be getting some good offers coming in.