The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

I walked for miles for a beer man!

Funny enough in Dutch where I am sure the name originated from, translated would be Bearman.:thup:

Beer would be Bier.

Myles Beerman sounds Dutch.

Myles sounds so un-Dutch ;) ... but a quick look into the internet reveals:

beer

Old English beor "strong drink, beer, mead," a word of much-disputed and ambiguous origin, cognate with Old Frisian biar, Middle Dutch and Dutch bier, Old High German bior, German Bier.

Anyway, you will be surprised to hear that this chap is actually of Maltese / English pedigree and a right-sided defender and midfielder:

Myles Beerman at Transfermakrt

Myles sounds so un-Dutch ;) ... but a quick look into the internet reveals:

beer

Old English beor "strong drink, beer, mead," a word of much-disputed and ambiguous origin, cognate with Old Frisian biar, Middle Dutch and Dutch bier, Old High German bior, German Bier.

Anyway, you will be surprised to hear that this chap is actually of Maltese / English pedigree and a right-sided defender and midfielder:

Myles Beerman at Transfermakrt

That is in the English dictionary, If you do an English - Dutch translation then bear = beer. They both are spoken exactly the same.

That is why I said the name probably originates in Holland and not the player as I had already seen he was from Malta. My kids are Dutch but have a totally English surname. The Dutch have been roaming the earth for a few years now.:D

Anyway it is good to see we are sprucing up the academy with players of hopefully a better class.

Are we still interested in/linked with Tom Bradshaw? He's playing for Walsall on Sky Sports, scoring a nice goal; he looks like an aggressive, pacey forward in the mold of Waghorn.

The tricky wide player, Romaine Sawyers, looks very tidy and creative on the ball. It looks like there are decent players at this level. Despite not being the most well-known or prestigious of targets, these guys look, on the surface at least, like they'd fit into what Warburton is trying to create.

Edited by Rousseau