The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

He is a young talent,he looked impressive,raw!,maybe you are just hard to please?

I can remember him having 4 shots at goal in his time with us and the supporters in the upper stands were more in danger than the keeper. He did have a few good parts of games but I think he was just too young for our league.

Mark Warburton confirms Rangers are close to signing two new players

Glasgow Rangers boss Mark Warburton could look to bring as many as six new players to Ibrox in the summer transfer window.

Mark Warburton has told Sky Sports, which was broadcast on 18th May, that Glasgow Rangers are close to completing deals for two new players.

Rangers are already planning for next season, following their promotion from the Scottish Championship this term.

Warburton realises that the Light Blues need to enhance their squad, and he has targeted bringing in as many as six new players to Ibrox.

Warburton even says that this number could increase - providing that Rangers win the Scottish Cup final and qualify for Europe.

“I prefer the unity of a tight squad and see the pathway to the first-team,” he said. “We are going to lose a couple of players, and lose the loan boys.

“We will be looking to bring in four, five, six players. We have a couple of boys coming up from Accrington, Jordan Rossiter, hopefully, and we have a couple more that we are very close to.

“We are looking to get our work done very early. But the European option may cause us to add one or two more to the squad.”

Warburton would not go as far as to confirm the two players which Rangers are close to signing - but rumours are rife.

Rangers have been linked with the likes of Joey Barton, Niko Kranjcar and Daniel Bentley in recent weeks.

The Light Blues currently have a relatively small squad, but the talent within the group has been very evident this term.

Rangers have dominated the Scottish Championship this season, and they look well placed to compete in the top tier next time around.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/05/18/mark-warburton-confirms-rangers-are-close-to-signing-two-new-pla/

And still no centre halfs being linked, which will cost us any chance of the title or European progress if it is not sorted out. Wilson & Kiernan have had a full season at a lower level to show their ability, and there is no way anyone can be confident of success next season if they remain the first choice duo.

I love that we (mostly) do our work without it being leaked all over the place and I am hoping the new centre halfs are being worked on as we speak. Patience required!