The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

And still no centre halfs being linked, which will cost us any chance of the title or European progress if it is not sorted out. Wilson & Kiernan have had a full season at a lower level to show their ability, and there is no way anyone can be confident of success next season if they remain the first choice duo.

I love that we (mostly) do our work without it being leaked all over the place and I am hoping the new centre halfs are being worked on as we speak. Patience required!

Havent you been bitching about this all season long?

And still no centre halfs being linked, which will cost us any chance of the title or European progress if it is not sorted out. Wilson & Kiernan have had a full season at a lower level to show their ability, and there is no way anyone can be confident of success next season if they remain the first choice duo.

I love that we (mostly) do our work without it being leaked all over the place and I am hoping the new centre halfs are being worked on as we speak. Patience required!

Preferably one with a bit of Pace.

Rangers Want This Tottenham Hotspur Youngster; Should The Gers Seal This Deal?

Rangers are lining up a season-long loan move for Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Grant Ward, according to BBC Scotland. The Gers have a very good relationship with the North London giants and we could see another promising player make his way from White Hart Lane on a temporary basis to Ibrox in the summer.

Dominic Ball and Nathan Oduwa were signed by Marc Warburton last summer and both played their parts for Rangers in making their much-awaited comeback to the top tier of Scottish football by winning the Championship title convincingly. Oduwa was sent back earlier in January but Ball will be returning to his parent club getting vital playing experience in front of a massive fanbase and growing immensely as a player.

According to BBC Scotland, Ward could be on his move to Ibrox next season following the footsteps of Ball and Oduwa as Warburton has his eye on the 21-year-old to add options in the middle of the park. The 21-year-old recently returned to White Hart Lane following a year in the English Championship with Rotherham United and also played against the Gers in a behind-closed-doors friendly defeat last week.

Ward is primarily is a right-sided midfielder but he can play in a range of midfield positions including central midfield, wide right or even as an attacking midfielder. The 21-year-old played as many as 43 games for Rotherham this season, scoring twice in 43 appearances while setting up two goals. However, the youngster is not expected to get his break next season at his parent club if he stays at White Hart Lane.

Ward needs another loan spell to prove his qualities to Mauricio Pochettino that he is capable of getting a first team place for the Lilywhites. The 21-year-old would be wise to opt for a loan move to Rangers and live the experience of playing in front of a huge Ibrox crowd and grow both physically and mentally as a player.

http://the4thofficial.net/2016/05/rangers-interested-in-this-spurs-youngster-should-the-gers-go-ahead/

Wonder what will happen with Ball, as he's still without a contract for next season AFAIK.

Meanwhile ...

Dundee attacker Greg Stewart has rejected the offer of a new contract.

Stewart has entered the final year of his contract at Dens Park and is attracting the attention of Aberdeen, Rangers and Hearts, as well as clubs in England.

Manager Paul Hartley confirmed last week discussions had begun about a new contract for the former Cowdenbeath player, who has been nominated for Scotland’s PFA player of the year award two years in a row.

The 26-year-old has knocked back the Dark Blues’ first offer to keep him at Dens Park beyond next summer.

Dundee will have to decide whether to cash in on Stewart or risk losing him for nothing in 12 months

... snatched from FF

Edited by der Berliner

I don't think we'll be announcing any new signings until after the Scottish Cup Final.

I also think that the ones we've just about got will wait and see how that goes before signing any contracts.

European football next season would be absolutely massive for us.

Friday has been touted as an announcement day virtually all week. Barton also said he would give an answer at the end of the week. I would imagine he will be introduced as I think the deal was done already.

Jellybeans of FF fame, says on Twitter '' Tomorrow will be a GOOD day.''

Cryptic clues everywhere today!!

Yep, I knew that picture of Messi chapping the door to get in at Auchenhowie was real..... :P

Jellybeans of FF fame, says on Twitter '' Tomorrow will be a GOOD day.''

Cryptic clues everywhere today!!

What's his Twitter user name mate