The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

Rangers FC: Former defender Madjid Bougherra issues come and get me please

THE former Ibrox defender has issued a second plea to Rangers in a matter of weeks and would love a return to Glasgow.

MADJID BOUGHERRA has again pleaded with Rangers boss Mark Warburton to take him back to Ibrox – but set him a six-week deadline.

The Algeria defender helped the Light Blues win five major trophies in three seasons before joining Qatari club Lekhwiya in 2011.

The 33-year-old is nearing the end of his contract with UAE outfit Al Fujairah and hopes to rejoin Rangers.

However, the France-born centre back has offers from the Far East, and wants to make a decision by mid-June.

Bougherra said: “Rangers are a club I love as I had some great times with them.

“I want to rejoin them as they are back in the top flight. I’ve kept in touch with the likes of assistant manager Davie Weir who played in the same team as me.

“There has not been any official contact but if Rangers make an approach for me I won’t say no.”

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/rangers-fc-former-defender-madjid-7881014#73WF90AxSXRLqLPd.99

No thanks!

Rangers FC: Former defender Madjid Bougherra issues come and get me please

THE former Ibrox defender has issued a second plea to Rangers in a matter of weeks and would love a return to Glasgow.

MADJID BOUGHERRA has again pleaded with Rangers boss Mark Warburton to take him back to Ibrox – but set him a six-week deadline.

The Algeria defender helped the Light Blues win five major trophies in three seasons before joining Qatari club Lekhwiya in 2011.

The 33-year-old is nearing the end of his contract with UAE outfit Al Fujairah and hopes to rejoin Rangers.

However, the France-born centre back has offers from the Far East, and wants to make a decision by mid-June.

Bougherra said: “Rangers are a club I love as I had some great times with them.

“I want to rejoin them as they are back in the top flight. I’ve kept in touch with the likes of assistant manager Davie Weir who played in the same team as me.

“There has not been any official contact but if Rangers make an approach for me I won’t say no.”

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/rangers-fc-former-defender-madjid-7881014#73WF90AxSXRLqLPd.99

No thanks!

At 33 too old now

When players do like Bougherra has done and given MW six weeks to decide then he can go stuff himself,Bougherra I mean.

Really I think that is quite reasonable. if Warburton wants him he will go for him before that.

I don't like going back in time so it is a no for me.

Bradford City chase David Templeton as winger looks set to quit Rangers

DAVID TEMPLETON is on the brink of quitting Rangers after suffering an injury-wrecked season.

The 27-year-old winger started the club's opening three games of the campaign before his progress was wrecked by recurring knee problems.

Templeton has netted 26 goals in 49 starts for Gers but isn't expected to be offered a new deal.

Bradford City are one of a number of clubs keen on the winger, however he will have to prove his fitness after he undergoes further knee surgery.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/rangers/7123563/Bradford-City-chase-David-Templeton-as-winger-looks-set-to-quit-Rangers.html

Where's the "come and get me" plea then? BTW, I wouldn't put too much emphasis on this "as they are back in the top flight" stuff. I seem to remember that he offered his services before, but as an international player, he will have to look after that career too. It is not all black & white out there. I doubt he will rejoin though.

I'll put this up. . .

@WarbsIsMagic: MW number 1 target for the DM position....Clubs already having talks and a deal said to be likely.. Scottish Internationalist... answer soon

@WarbsIsMagic: Ok I will put you's out your misery, I heard this a week back but just had a 2nd good source tell me the same, Graham Dorrans.