The Man with the Magic Hat

For those of who like me were the product of a strict Brethren upbringing the word ‘Messiah’ is only used exclusively for one character in history, and Him alone. But I don’t think anyone would argue that the arrival of Mark Warburton has been akin to mana from heaven for the long suffering blue legions.

It would probably have been sufficient if the gaffer had come in spent a few shekels on decent tried and tested pros and secured promotion that way back to the top flight.

Perhaps had he laid the foundations of a youthful squad we would have been prepared to even wait a further term to secure promotion as we watched the ‘Warburton Babes’ develop into a promotion winning side.

And perhaps that patience would have been just as evident if we saw the nucleus of a footballing side, playing attractive exciting football which not only took our breath away but was also capable of sweeping aside the opposition.

But no not for Mark Warburton. Not only did he place an emphasis on youth, not only did he establish the nucleus of an exciting, attractive skilful squad, not only did he win the championship at a canter ‘“ he did it all on a shoestring budget. When his team, weakened as it was through injury, then went on to secure a Scottish Cup Final slot disposing of the SPL Champions elect with a brand of football likened to watching Barcelona you begin to understand that something truly magic is happening down Ibrox way ‘“ with or without the now famous ‘magic hat’.

Football honours aside, Mark Warburton has given us back something else ‘“ our pride, our belief, our optimism and our willingness to dare to dream. He has done it based on principles which this club was raised on ‘“ hard work, dedication, professionalism and desire. He exudes a self-belief which is contagious. When doubters suggested we had to vary our play with a Plan B as teams adjusted to the free flowing Rangers ‘“ Warburton stuck to his ideals insisting we just had to do Plan A better.

The man is a class act who knows his football and footballers inside out. His professionalism and discipline made headlines when it was revealed Rangers players are subjected to urine tests to check for dehydration. When these sort of stories are deemed ‘newsworthy’ up in Scotland is it really any small wonder that our nation lags behind the rest of the footballing world?

The gaffer has the necessary ruthless streak required by all successful managers as the talismanic Waghorn discovered last Sunday, where despite his pleas, there was no place on the bench for anyone not deemed fully fit. No room for sentiment nor favourites.

Mark Warburton and Rangers were made for one another. The two share a football philosophy based on hard work, desire and dedication, his values reflect the values of our club with both having a burning ambition to bring greater success to Rangers Football Club.

Mark Warburton is on record as saying ‘I would love to be here for a long time’

Funnily enough so would we gaffer.

Perhaps had he laid the foundations of a youthful squad we would have been prepared to even wait a further term to secure promotion as we watched the ‘Warburton Babes’ develop into a promotion winning side.

That's an interesting point, but I think most of us assume that Mark Warburton was brought in with a remit which specifically included winning the league outright at the first attempt and I don't think very many of our fans would have accepted anything less.

That's an interesting point, but I think most of us assume that Mark Warburton was brought in with a remit which specifically included winning the league outright at the first attempt and I don't think very many of our fans would have accepted anything less.

If we had witnessed this style,professionalism,dedication,attitude and failed to get promoted,how many would have been willing to give him time?,I think the rapid change in everything since MW & DW were appointed has taken everyone by surprise,and I include the Rangers fans!,credit must be given to the Rangers board for this appointment but I don't think they could have expected such a great return from appointing the new management team so soon!.

How lucky Rangers are to have MW & DW and the rest of the back room staff,the expectations on them though has now hugely increased after the short time they have been in charge,the pressure is now firmly on for them to challenge for the title in the first season back in the top league,a bit harsh some would say however I believe MW wants to win the title next season so he will relish the pressure of expectations from the Rangers fans and will do everything possible to achieve that goal.

The future is bright for us now and I can't wait for next season to start,and I'm sure MW will feel the same. It should be exciting and if he gets the financial backing from the board,which I'm sure he will,then Rangers are about to take Scottish football to a new level.

Not winning this second tier title would have been totally unacceptable. Playing football like Barcelona is utterly pointless if you cannot win a league title with more resources than all 9 of your opponents combined.

Had Warburton failed to win this title, I for one would have been calling for his head, and I am absolutely certain I would be in a majority.

Mark Warburton and Rangers were made for one another. The two share a football philosophy based on hard work' date=' desire and dedication, his values reflect the values of our club with both having a burning ambition to bring greater success to Rangers Football Club.

[/quote']

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/rangers/14444631.Mark_Warburton__Celtic_managerial_hunt_won_t_alter_my_Rangers_Premiership_plans/?ref=rss

Mark Warburton: Celtic managerial hunt won't alter my Rangers Premiership plans

MARK WARBURTON insists a summer of upheaval at Celtic won’t change his Rangers blueprint for a shot at the Premiership next term.

The Ibrox boss has already completed deals for Accrington Stanley pair Matt Crooks and Josh Windass ahead of the new campaign and is targeting another handful of recruits to bolster his Light Blues ranks this summer.

While Warburton already has his plans and shopping list in place, it will be a far different story at Celtic after it was confirmed that Ronny Deila will leave Parkhead at the end of the season.

Victory for the Gers at Hampden on Sunday didn’t help Deila’s chances of staying in Glasgow but Warburton won’t cast an eye across the city in the coming weeks.

He said: “It doesn’t affect us in the slightest. It doesn’t matter.

“No disrespect, it doesn’t matter what Celtic do, what Aberdeen do, what Hearts do. It is about Rangers and what we do.

“Our recruitment can’t be impacted by what other people do. That, if a club ever does that, is lunacy.

“What are our targets? We want to add value to what we have got, so go and get them. But what we do shouldn’t be impacted by another club, I don’t think.

“You guys are more experienced that I am. I don’t think Ronny moved on because of that result on Sunday. It will be seen maybe as a defining moment, I don’t know.

“I don’t think it was because of that result. I can’t believe that for one second.

“They are the champions and they look like they are going to win it again. So, right now, they are the number one club because they are the champions of the league.”

Rangers may have suffered a rare Championship defeat against Hibernian on Wednesday evening but the memories of Old Firm triumph are still fresh for Warburton and his players.

And the 53-year-old admits the Celtic clash has left a lasting impression after a dramatic shoot-out success for the Light Blues.

Warburton said: “I got lots [of messages]. It is nice messages from people that watched the game.

“I got messages from a lot of the NextGen clubs, who never text after we won the league.

“It was after the Old Firm because they all watched it. It just shows you the reach of the game, which is fantastic

“They (the fans) were happy. Frank has worked at Liverpool in the Champions League and on that dramatic night in Istanbul.

“He has seen the fans at Anfield and he couldn’t believe driving into the stadium on Sunday morning.

“There were thousands of blue shirts and scarves. Magnificent. The enormity and size of the club hit Frank.

“Someone like Frank, who has been at the highest level, when he tells you that you know it is a great club.”