[FT] Livingston 1 - 0 Rangers

Is that the same excuses for the Hibs defeat and the turgid draw against Alloa?. Meanwhile Hibs cruise to a 4-0 win!.

Yes, against almighty and crumbling Dumbarton at home, while chasing Falkirk for second spot. BTW, it is always "funny" how the "excuse club" is taken out of the locker if opinions differ. WHO am I excusing? We played well below par and only McKay and Holt changed something tonight. Of course, people may want us to go full throttle at teams after the Scottish Cup semi final and throw on all quality folk out there in the cold in Livingston. But rest assured, you'd scream death, blood and thunder had any of our better folk got injured these last few games and would miss the final. IMHO, Tav and Wallace only played because we had no subs for them ...

Edited by der Berliner

Yes, against almighty and crumbling Dumbarton at home, while chasing Falkirk for second spot. BTW, it is always "funny" how the "excuse club" is taken out of the locker if opinions differ. WHO am I excusing? We played well below par and only McKay and Holt changed something tonight. Of course, people may want us to go full throttle at teams after the Scottish Cup semi final and throw on all quality folk out there in the cold in Livingston. But rest assured, you'd scream death, blood and thunder had any of our better folk got injured these last few games and would miss the final. IMHO, Tav and Wallace only played because we had no subs for them ...

So we've to expect another defeat to St Mirren because it's cold, our players don't want to get injured and we have nothing to play for? This is Rangers we play to win every game!

Was I not reading just a short week or two ago that it was "mission accomplished" ? So we have lost interest given the league is seen up. No big deal. And if it's true our form has been "poor, Celtic game aside" then does that suggest that they know how to get up for games after some poor form ??

With a small squad that has been stretched this season I am prepared to cut them some slack at this point, remembering it is a young squad, most of whom haven't lived in the Rangers pressure cooker environment and even less so having played in an exhausting 120 minutes OF game.

Disappointing result ? Absolutely

Disappointing performance ? Definitely

Worried ? Not this Bear

Another shocking sloppy display. They're playing a dangerous game. They appear to have taken the foot off the gas and once that happens it's not always straightforward to restart as normal when it's really required i.e. for the cup final.

All good and well. However, the spine of the team weren't playing and neither were a number of our best performers.

Shield and Zelalem in for Halliday and Holt is definitely not replacing similar quality and, no disrespect to King but he isn't as good as McKay.

The manager, rightly IMHO, rested key players with an eye to the Cup Final. I'm not losing sleep over this at all.

Indeed .. and no need to be cynical. This was a no-meaming game with 4 changes in midfield and up-top. You know that too.

A below par performance and against a team that was "drilled well" to defend like hell and hit on the counter. They got an undeserved free kick and Halkett scored his "goal of the season". After that, it was one-way traffic (despite us being poor) against a yellow and at times desperate wall. They could have sneaked about three more goals from counter attacks, but what we saw from them today, on the whole, is the reason why they fight relegation and we are not. One can project all bad stuff from this game unto our future, but we are not where we are because we play like that all season. And whether we will is anyone's guess. What we do know is that we won't play against such walls all too often next season.

I think it is easy to point out Livingstone's strong points but As Warburton says it is about us. For me the biggest thing is the defending of Danny Wilson. What the hell has happened to that guy? In fact I am wrong it is not about the defending of Wilson it is about the not defending of Wilson. Players seem to be able to walk past him. At set pieces he is a nightmare. Unless he has a 100% improvement I don't see him having a long future with us in the SPL.

I know it looks great for the statistics to have 70% possession but sometimes I wish we would give the other team some possession with players like McKay and O'Halloran we could also be deadly on the break. Hopefully SPL teams will not sit so deep while defending but I fear they will