15th April, 1989.

John Mc, we were at that game in 1989 too, also in the Jungle and a section of wall collapsed at the front. We didn't know anything about Hillsborough until we got back to the bus after the game. The reaction of the fans ranged from disbelief to distress and the jungle wall was all but forgotten about.

The Tory Government of the time hated Liverpool they were prepared to "manage the decline" of the city after the riots in the early 80's.

Not to mention the carnage that Hatton brought against the Tory party.

Aside the safety issue highlighted by John's article football fans have been exposed to a different Policing model from other sporting events.

I remember in the 80's alighting from the train at Dundee Railway Station and being "ordered" by Police to board a bus which ferried us straight to the ground. Refusal to board was not an option.

I was arm locked by the police and evicted from Tannadice and thrown out onto the street. I was mortified with embarrassment. My crime, saying I didn't want to go into the section directly behind the goal and would happily wait until a safer area opened up. At the previous game I was carried forward for about 6 or 7 yards as the crowd surged forward and didn't enjoy it one little bit.

Once out on the street I explained to the Chief Inspector what had happened and he took me back into the ground to a safer place to stand.

That isn't the worst thing has happened to me following Rangers but without doubt it was the most embarrassing.

Not to mention the carnage that Hatton brought against the Tory party.

Not to mention the carnage that Hatton brought against the LABOUR party, surely.

Agent Derek did good work for the Conservatives.

Staggered to see that the 'WingoverScotland' blogger is tweeting that Liverpool fans are somehow still to blame.

I know he's a twat but that's beyond belief.

Is he not quoting what the Chief of police from that time. He said that the fans were still to blame aithough the police did make mistakes.