Stop Press reference Jum Spence.

Jum Spence's habit of sitting naked on the lap of Dundee United Chairman, Stephen Thompson, whilst feeding him peeled grapes, has been made official. Jum has been appointed a Consultant. He has been hired to advice on club interaction with supporters and the media. Effectively, Jum is the Arabs PRO.

Tonight, BBC Radio Scotland were expressing irritation that access to Thompson was only through the auspices of Jum Spence. Remember the opprobrium being poured by the usual suspects when former colleague, Jim Traynor left the Beeb to advise Rangers on PR matters? Jum Spence spoke of an unhealthy relationship. Jum doesn't do hypocrisy, his pals don't do irony. Alan Preston came to ra Beeb's rescue, he managed to contact Jum and they discussed United's possible new gaffers. Alan promoted the cause of former teamate, Jim McInally. Alan advanced McInally as Manager of the Year on Saturday last. Interestingly, Cosgrove was promoting Jum as the Beeb's Tayside correspondent on the same day.

Ach, it's the everyday tale of a group of hate filled maggots.

My apologies Ian, I did not check Footie Chat.

Driving home tonight, my ghast was truly flabbered at the news, they kicked the sh1t out of Traynor for a similar move.

No problem mate,just think it doesn't deserve to be in Rangers chat!:thup:

Edited by ian1964

For the life of me I could never understand why Jim didn't realise that his relationship with Thomson was identical to the one he chastised others for having with David Murray. I know he's not a cretin so this lack of self awareness is quite mystifying. Whatever the explanation, Jim doesn't come out of this well, but I doubt he'll care. A strange tale.

I should also say that I'm not comfy with the dehumanising language of 'hate filled maggots'. Nasty, infantile stuff which only detracts from the point. Now this isn't my site and if that's cool fair enough. But it's not for me.

I should also say that I'm not comfy with the dehumanising language of 'hate filled maggots'. Nasty, infantile stuff which only detracts from the point. Now this isn't my site and if that's cool fair enough. But it's not for me.

Yep,can think of a few maggots that wont be happy being compared to jum spence.

It's a little uncouth, but 26th has a certain writing style. That isn't to excuse it. That said, Jim Spence has said far worse about our club and its supporters over the years. Whats good for the goose and all that....