Official: Joey Barton signs 2 year deal with Rangers

Now we're certainly going way off topic, my bad for asking i suppose, just as an idea of how many visitors we've had from yesterdays stats run, We've also had more today but stats not accurate till the evening time stats run process's during the night.

Visitors: 2385

23,210 pages hit 105,697 times that is certainly above our usual.

I don't know the setup of them but will concede they will probably have even more considering all the social media attention over the past few days but like us there site will be php based and will be very optimized for heavy hitting.

Yeah we are probably boring everyone - for what it's worth the overall traffic of the site will not be an issues. It is the unusual event of concurrent refreshes that block the page execution as the server has to stagger the requests as it can't handle them all at once.

Another day of refreshing twitter, reading crap sightings & waiting.

For me I honestly feel like this because it's a big name player. We've not really had this for so long so I think we're all a bit feverish lol

Yet again, well done to the board/management for getting us excited about both the football and taking aim (via legal methods) at those who sought to bring us down.

I think that JB will play , and will want to play, more often thanpeople perhaps suppose.

He has significant experience on, and, ahem, off, the pitch. The former may prove invaluable, the latter, I hope, salutary.

One thing lacking on Saturday (apart from water cannon, obviously) was an auld heid, to enable the team

to close down, and see out, the match. Rangers were winning 2- 1, lest anyone forget, yet contrived to lose.

He and Rossiter play in the same position -central DM. I suppose the plan is to play Joey only now and then in the big games and give Rossiter experience against say the likes of Kilmarnock? At least that's one problem position sorted for now.

I don't think he will be coming to Rangers to sit on the bench mate!