Official: Joey Barton signs 2 year deal with Rangers

I seriously hope we have other targets than Cummings. He looks like someone with a suspect attitude, arrogant and selfish which although I agree can work, I don't feel it's suitable in our dressing room. I wouldn't pay the money for him either.

TV news report he's gone home and will give us an answer by the end of the week.

Yes, that was yesterday he went home to give us an answer by the end of the week. Not today. Seems though that a couple of blokes on another forum are getting the same amount of coverage which I find quite sad.

Edited by Anchorman

Current perceived wisdom among the usual suspects is that Joey is using the whole Rangers episode as a lever, to convince Burnley to offer him at least a two year contract. The current offer is for one year. Rangers cannot afford his wages, know they cannot afford his remuneration, but are willing to go along with the careful choreography because of the exposure. Highlighting the Barton saga lets the world know the level of market being considered.

Those that continually complain that the Scottish game is often talked down, as opposed to up; are tying themselves in knots, whilst posing, 'why would Joey Barton sign for Rangers when English Premiership and Championship clubs are showing interest'? They admitted that the lure of Ibrox, MP, and participating in old firm encounters could be enticements. I was surprised no one mentioned the biggest lure, Europen football!

Hard to keep things quiet when you drive targets through the streets in a white bently and take them for rounds of golf where you tweet pictures . But two guys on ff get the blame! Think they are under estimating the gold fish bowl a bit

He broke the story 2 weeks ago mate.

Hard to keep things quiet when you drive targets through the streets in a white bently and take them for rounds of golf where you tweet pictures . But two guys on ff get the blame! Think they are under estimating the gold fish bowl a bit

You are assuming they are getting the blame for the Barton rumours. It could easily be that he has released a different rumour which has them annoyed (seems that is the case given the Cummings info).

He broke the story 2 weeks ago mate.

Who 'broke the story'? Are we still talking here about some bloke off another forum???? Can we keep this in perspective? Guys on that forum (or any other) don't 'break stories'.

The possibility of European football next season will be a big temptation for players like Barton, but being part of 55 and the 'legend status' that will come with it will be an even bigger draw and that's what MW & SDoW will be talking to them about...ambition works for ambitious players.

No Rangers fan will ever forget the guys who contribute to that occasion (55) after what we've been through.