How To Win Friends & Influence People

Re-being constructive,building bridges etc.

It has to be accepted that things will NEVER be the same as before,ever.

Yes,working relationships may be constructed,but that is all they will ever be.Goodwill ?No chance.

Football is a business though, & if people ever did things through goodwill you can bet your life that it suited them so to do. I can live without the goodwill of others, it's too nebulous a concept anyway.

Football is a business though, & if people ever did things through goodwill you can bet your life that it suited them so to do. I can live without the goodwill of others, it's too nebulous a concept anyway.

The enviroment in which we ply our trade is very real and the directors of the club have a very real responsibility to shareholders to ensure they do their best to protect and grow our business within that enviroment and any others that they seek to take us.

This means that where possible there has to be a considered effort to create a careful and constructive positive balance in relevant relationships with 3rd parties, whether governing bodies, other clubs, media organisations etc. If some of these efforts fail then so be it.

Fair enough,you can live without the airy notion of goodwill.

Can you handle the resentment,cos it aint going away anytime soon?(if ever)

I've long held the view that those in charge of football act solely in their own interests. They don't treat football as a business. They treat their own clubs as a business . Over the past few years we've seen how they've gone further and at times forgot aout their business in their haste to damage another one.

I don't want the goodwill of others. Let them do what they want. One day some Rangers fans will wake up and recognise the solution lays within their own wallets and pockets. The others need us far more than we need them.

Fair enough,you can live without the airy notion of goodwill.

Can you handle the resentment,cos it aint going away anytime soon?(if ever)

Reckon neither of us are going to lose sleep over other fans' resentment of Rangers.

Reckon neither of us are going to lose sleep over other fans' resentment of Rangers.

For yourself ok but generally speaking that doesn't ring true because it has drove many of our fanbase to a reciprocal feeling that presently goes beyond what could have been considered as normal levels of hatred.

The 'building bridges' idea was never going to be about making friends with rival fans. That won't happen, you may aswell ask the USA to broker the peace between Israel and Palestine in a fair and even handed way.

It'd be about other 3rd parties and would probably take time.

I think you kinda misunderstood me,i meant our resentment towards other teams.

Thats what they have made us do.

Its probably not healthy,but its a fact.

By the way Germinal,i take it you saw Walter Smiths famous "teams in the process of being relegated" interview.

Thats one of the most respected men in Scottish football-----seething with resentment he was,seething.(and rightly so)

IMO,it will take decades to subside.

I don't think it's a case of the whole of Scottish football hating Rangers. There are obviously bitter people who hate us and wanted us dead. You will also get the "banter" at games where opposition fans will hurl abuse at us and other teams but after the game it is forgotten. I still remember standing on the Hampden terraces after Rangers defeated Hearts in the 1961 League Cup Final replay and a family of Hearts supporters, mum, dad and two kids applauding Rangers going up to receive the Cup. I wondered at the time if I could be so magnanimous|

I don't think it's a case of the whole of Scottish football hating Rangers. There are obviously bitter people who hate us and wanted us dead. You will also get the "banter" at games where opposition fans will hurl abuse at us and other teams but after the game it is forgotten. I still remember standing on the Hampden terraces after Rangers defeated Hearts in the 1961 League Cup Final replay and a family of Hearts supporters, mum, dad and two kids applauding Rangers going up to receive the Cup. I wondered at the time if I could be so magnanimous|

Would you care to name a set of supporters who dont hate us NOW ?