The Scottish Cup Final: Rangers v Hibs

Very disappointed. It was slow, ponderous and without craft or guile. Our defence was no worse than usual, and I actually thought we got better as the game went on in open play -- corners are a different matter and we seem unable to defend properly at any ball lumped into the box. It was the attacking I was most concerned with: we only really created 2/3 chances during the whole game, which is simply not good enough.

Like I said above, Hibs do what they always do: defend with 5 at the back and counter. Every man and his dog knows what they're going to do against us. Again, the most annoying thing is we cannot seem to deal with it. That Stokes fanboy Andy Walker was pissing me off praising the way they were playing and criticising our game. Yes, we did little with the ball, but try breaking down a team with 10 men behind the ball. Moreover, anyone team can break against 3 players (Kiernan, Wilson and Halliday) and carve a chance.

Alas! We weren't good enough. It's as simply as that, and we didn't deserve it. We need more players for several positions. When the first-team is lacking, the replacements are non-existent. We need better quality, but it's options we need more than anything else.

I don't know the details, but our fans shouldn't be trotting onto the pitch to 'square-up' to Hibs fans -- even if they are taunting and goading us. We lost, and we have to take it on the chin. If Rangers players were attacked, then it is a disgrace -- more evidence of the hatred directed at us. They will (should) be punished.

Edited by Rousseau

Very disappointed. It was slow, ponderous and without craft or guile. Our defence was no worse than usual, and I actually thought we got better as the game went on in open play -- corners are a different matter and we seem unable to defend properly at any ball lumped into the box. It was the attacking I was most concerned with: we only really created 2/3 chances during the whole game, which is simply not good enough.

Like I said above, Hibs do what they always do: defend with 5 at the back and counter. Every man and his dog knows what they're going to do against us. Again, the most annoying thing is we cannot seem to deal with it. That Stokes fanboy Andy Walker was pissing me off praising the way they were playing and criticising our game. Yes, we did little with the ball, but try breaking down a team with 10 men behind the ball. Moreover, anyone team can break against 3 players (Kiernan, Wilson and Halliday) and carve a chance.

Alas! We weren't good enough. It's as simply as that, and we didn't deserve it. We need more players for several positions. When the first-team is lacking, the replacements are non-existent. We need better quality, but it's options we need more than anything else.

I don't know the details, but our fans shouldn't be trotting onto the pitch to 'square-up' to Hibs fans -- even if they are taunting and goading us. We lost, and we have to take it on the chin.

Bang out of order with that comment mate!,how can you say that and also say you have no idea what happened?,poor from you!

Foderingham had a nightmare and Miller was woeful bar his header for the goal. Zelalem was pretty much the only player to turn up today

Miller was woeful ?Thats neither fair or true-----hes never been a great player,but he gave 100% today.

I at least appreciated his effort and commitment(which was a lot more than most of our side,not all)

Bang out of order with that comment mate!,how can you say that and also say you have no idea what happened?,poor from you!

I amended it slightly, but I maintain we shouldn't be going onto the pitch.

If Rangers fans/players were attacked, then it is a disgrace and I hope they will be punished severely. But, again, we shouldn't be stooping to their level. We're better than that.

One wonders where cummings was during all this - he was very late back in with the other players and seemed to be going aff his heid and having to be forced away from the pitch

RANGERS Football Club is shocked at the disgraceful behaviour of Hibs fans at full time.

Rangers players and staff were assaulted by these fans who invaded the pitch and in the interests of their safety could not return to the pitch for the medal presentation.

There can be no place for the violent behaviour witnessed at the end of the Final and Rangers fully expect the Scottish Football Association and Police Scotland to launch an investigation to find out where security measures failed.

The Club would like to commend Rangers fans for the restraint they showed under severe provocation.

Tbh I was making my way out when I seen one of them all over KM I had my neice and was next to dugout, I just got her out of there, still took us 15mins to get out. Rangers have called for police investigation. Players assaulted? Policing as a disgrace!!

At Motherwell, and today, I got out as quickly as possible when I noticed fans running onto the pitch. I can be quite difficult though. Lots of Rangers supporters like to stop on the stairs and watch. Not sure why people want to do that.

Six Rangers players and coach Davie Weir ATTACKED by Hibs yobs in Scottish Cup Final shame

hibsfans_2880423a.jpg

SIX Rangers players and assistant boss Davie Weir were attacked as Hibs' Scottish Cup triumph turned ugly.

Hibs fans surged onto the pitch on the final whistle to celebrate as their team won the Cup for the first time in 114 years.

But the party mood soon turned nasty as Rangers supporters flooded onto the Hampden turf to confront them.

In the chaotic scenes that followed it's understood SIX Gers stars and Ibrox No2 Weir were the victims of assault.

More to follow...

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/7165927/Six-Rangers-players-and-coach-Davie-Weir-ATTACKED-by-Hibs-yobs-in-Scottish-Cup-Final-shame.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-ScottishSun-_-20160521-_-SunScotNews-_-474464418-_-Imageandlink

Shocking from the Hobos,disgusting considering they won the Scottish cup